1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attraction and Being In Relationships?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Shinedown, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Shinedown

When you feel attracted to someone, is it because you just think they're "pretty", or do you actually think that want to have sex with them?

In my last relationships, at first I just thought my partner was "pretty", interesting, and/or we had similar personalities. What's your opinion?

2. Winter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thinking someone is pretty is the same thing as 'finding them attractive'. This does not mean you are 'attracted to them'.

Being attracted to someone can have it's limitations too, though. It doesn't mean you want to sleep with them just yet, but maybe you would be drawn to kissing them or touching them.

3. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my opinion, being 'attracted to' someone involves wanting to do romantic and/or sexual things with them.

Finding someone attractive is different than actually being attracted to them. Thinking someone is attractive is like thinking, "Wow, they are so hot/cute," and feeling attracted to someone is like thinking, "I wish I were dating them," or, "I'd love to have sex with them". See the difference?

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

I can find someone "attractive" without being "attracted to them." In the former case, I just admire their beauty ("think they're pretty") but don't feel anything for them. I can admire the beauty of a lot of women, but I'm not attracted to them. When I am attracted to someone, like when I am attracted to a man, it's because it stirs something inside of me. I hate to be so tawdry as to say "because I want to have sex with them," but yeah, I guess that's the underlying factor. that's just how I would differentiate the words.