1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having a tough time figuring this out.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by howareyoudani, Dec 24, 2014.

1. howareyoudani

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    okay so for a while now (like three or four months) I've been questioning my sexuality. I used to think I was attracted to guys only, but I've never dated a guy so I wouldn't know for sure. On the other side of the spectrum, I've also never dated a girl, and for these past few months I've been feeling like this "pull" in my gut towards dating girls. it kind of feels urgent, like I need to date a girl or i will go crazy, and i've never had that pull with guys. so i'm getting really confused about myself :icon_sad:

then there's the whole thing about coming out. i've only expressed my feelings to one person, a friend of mine who's gay. he was really accepting and i'm grateful for that, but i'm not sure how to come out to the rest of my friends. all of my other friends are straight and I feel like if I express my interest in girls they would get grossed out by me or become wary that i'll start liking them. i know in my heart they'll accept me, cuz i've been friends with them long enough to know that they're not close-minded people. but i'm still scared.

so i guess my question is: what should I do?

2. Really

Three to four months is still early days. Really early. Those urgent feelings will calm down after a while so you can start to accept all this and think a bit more clearly. Congrats on telling someone already. That's huge. You don't have to tell anyone else right away unless you're comfortable within yourself and with what kind of response you'll get.

I suggest just letting these new thoughts percolate and then settle. Make friends with girls so you can find one worth dating. Don't worry you won't go crazy.

3. howareyoudani

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Alright. thank you for your advice c: