1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has this happened to anyone?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by SquirrelGirl, Dec 24, 2014.

1. SquirrelGirl

Does anyone who is in denial about being gay ever latch on to a person of the opposite sex to try and convince themselves they're not gay? Where day to day you are attracted to members of the same sex and fantasize about them, but are almost obsessed with one member of the opposite sex and are desperate to date them.

I think I'm mostly attracted to girls but I keep on getting these major obsessions with certain guys. I want to spend all my time with them, think about them continuously and am sometimes even attracted to them/ turned on by them, though not to the same extent as girls. I don't get obsessive in the same way about girls.

Would being turned on by the thought of having sex with these guys be normal for anyone (i.e. In the situation where they give me the look or when I think something's going to happen)? Could they be realesing pheromones or something that arouse me? I don't think I'm exactly sexually attracted to the male form (unlike the female form), though I do find it visually appealing (not repulsive at all). I've never really though been attracted to a random guy I don't know (unless they look like one of the guys I've mentioned).

Finally would it be a bad idea to pursue a relationship with one of these men? Sorry, didn't mean to make this long.

2. Emily1

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I can totally relate! I keep questioning my sexuality because of this visual attraction to boys. I'm almost positive that I'm fully into girls but latch onto these small feelings I sometimes get for guys. I call it visual attraction because they seem sexually desirable but I don't get that feeling with them that I do when I'm with a girl. If this sounds similar to your situation I would encourage you to take a step back from boys for a while and see if you miss being intimate with them… this helped clarify things for me! Sometimes continuing to pursue guys when your unsure can just make you more confused. Hope this helps!

3. ecturtle

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm pretty secure with my sexual orientation, but I still get attracted to guys sometimes. This is mostly because I almost wish I could be them, but I'm not trans. It is almost like a desire for a close friendship, but not anything sexual. If I were you I would also look into the differences between sexual and romantic attraction.

4. SquirrelGirl

Emily 1 - I was kind of seeing this guy for 3 months and then we broke up (other unrelated issues) right after I missed him and wanted to get back together with him (continued to for another 2 months). We talked I think we're going to start hanging out again but take things slow. I would have given it more time but I didn't want him to sleep with anyone else (yes I'm the jealous type) and I didn't want him to feel alone without me. I also kind of missed being with someone (though not enough to start up with anyone else). It's all really confusing.

ecturtle - I feel as if I'm romantically attracted to both males and females and I do think I'm sexually attracted to both but not to the same extent. I don't think I want to be a guy but maybe I am attracted a bit to how open they can be about their desires towards women, though I also feel that way towards lesbians.

#4 SquirrelGirl, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014