1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really, really confused. Please help!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by GinaIsAHermit, Dec 24, 2014.

1. GinaIsAHermit

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So something like this has probably been posted before, but I feel the need to write my story here.

So I've (recently) come out to my dad and sister as a lesbian. Well, I told them I was a 'Panromantic lesbian' but they didn't really get what it meant, and I'm not so sure either. I know I should have waited until I had a label to make things easier, but in the moment it was unavoidable.

So my feelings go as follows: I LOVE girls. I'm definitely attracted both sexually and romantically with them, and it's been like that for a while. With guys though... I find myself pushing them away and I'm not sure whether it's because I'm not interested or because I don't WANT to be interested.
    I do have to admit something here - I'm scared of labelling myself bisexual, especially now I've come out to my dad and sister who'll completely make a mockery of me now if I change the label! I'm scared of being bi because many people think it's fake, and so many girls (probably not boys) will be put off dating me if they knew I was bi.
    I can see myself with a guy in the future more than I see myself with a girl - I'm not sure whether that's because it's the social norm and I see it in the media and stuff a lot more than I see girls being together as adults, or whether it's because I like guys more. I sure don't swoon when I see a good looking guy as much as I do with girls, and the thought of being with a guy mostly grosses me out, but I also find myself wanting it, not particularly WANTING it though.
    I'm sure I'm being really confusing here. I'm really not sure anymore - I don't know whether I've been watching too many movies set in the 19th century and crave that for myself or what, but *Sigh* I don't know.

I sort of feel like I want to find a way to tell people 'I like who I like' without coming out as bi, but on the other hand if I am bi, I want to get rid of that anxiousness to come out as bi. And also I'm so scared of what to do with my family! Do I tell them I like guys, or do I just get on with it and say 'I DID say I was panromantic' if I bring a guy home?
    I did make it clear I could fall for a guy to them, but I feel like they disregarded that bit... I think I did, too.

In short, I'm very sure of my feelings towards girls - not so sure of my feelings towards guys. I can definitely NOTICE when a guy is attractive, and see myself with one in the future but...

Help?

2. lyjo

Hi! I loved reading this post! I've been going through the exact same stuff, and asking myself the same questions. I've mostly told people that I'm bi, but I'm pretty sure I only like girls. The thing is, everytime I say I'm a lesbian, I think back and am like "Shit, what if I one day like a guy and have to re-come out?!". Anyway, you don't have to chose a specific label. Just give yourself time to figure it out, nobody else can answer that question for you. Good luck :slight_smile: