1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual chat group went well.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Damien, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was getting frustrated with not being able to connect with any other lgbt folks, I mean I have been to a 'gay venue', I even toyed with a 'dating site' for a very brief while, before realizing that I was only going to get anywhere with it, if I parted with some of my money as well...as for apps etc well std's as well as the warnings of folks here, kind of put me off that idea, too. So I searched on Google and found that there is a Bisexual Chat group in my city (with a facilitator to make it a 'safe & supportive environment), and not long after, attended a session. Not only was it immensely refreshing to find and chat with a group of folks who made me feel totally understood and accepted, but now, I have been informed of 'coming events' which my new associates will be attending: an upcoming picnic, then the Pride March...and so now, I have some contacts, some folks to go with to such things, and from there maybe my circles of contacts will expand even more. I'm even considering joining Facebook, despite my distaste for all the data-mining and intrusions of privacy it excels in, because despite this, it is still, so I hear, a pretty good way to connect with other like-minded people.

Just wanted to say, that if you seek, sometimes you do find. I'm hoping this discovery is just the beginning of more real-life interaction for me, and I encourage any members who are experiencing social isolation due to their sexuality (or for any other reason), to not give up, because maybe groups such as what I have found, also exist in many other areas, as well. It is a rewarding experience to be amongst a group of other folks who really understand and accept your sexuality. A turning point in my life, maybe. I hope so.

2. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's great, Damien. (!) I hope to find more lgbt people irl as well. (*hug*)

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Congratulations

(*hug*)

4. Phoenix83

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks, Damien. For me as someone just starting out and curious about being bi/gay, that really helps and you're inspiring!! I hope it continues to be amazing!

5. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you :slight_smile: I think that, no matter where we live, there are other lgbt folks, due to a certain percentage of people in general being so...so if one resides in a major town or city, it might be likely that chat or meetup groups exist, and if they don't, ought to be formed (now there's another idea...) because the demand would be there.
    Andy :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 27th Dec 2014 at 10:37 AM ----------

Thanks, Jay. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 27th Dec 2014 at 10:40 AM ----------

Thank you for saying I'm inspiring...that must be one of the nicest compliments I've had all year. And I wish you well on what is, however it turns out, a fascinating journey of self-discovery. :slight_smile:

6. womaninamber

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm really glad things turned out so well.