1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help please

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Frankymae13, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Frankymae13

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, I am really confused. Ok so let me start at the beginning. I have always been attracted to both men and women. Recently I was attacked by my now ex boyfriend. I am trying to recover, but now I am afraid to be in a sexual relationship with anyone. I am going to theripy but I don't know if I can let my guard down with a man. I am a dominatrix, and I have less of a problem with women. Does anyone have any advice?

2. Gabby29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Recovering from that takes a little while, the best you can do is be and do you. I've had plenty of friends who've been verbally and physically abused and I've told them all the same thing, don't just love with your heart, love with your head. Once you meet someone new always be mindful of the person you start to have a connection with it doesn't necessarily mean you're paranoid and you have to have your sword and shield in hand every time but just always think for you while you start to think of that person. Even though it happened it gives you a reason to be a stronger you and you don't have to go through that again cause you control your life no one else.

3. Frankymae13

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you Gabby29

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

therapy is definitely the place to be. you suffered a traumatic experience, and I am very sorry that such a thing happened to you. It will take time, patience, and a lot of work to get to a better place. But don't give up, and remember that what happened was in no way your fault. It was the fault of your assailant. my thoughts are with you. (&&&)