1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can masturbation fetishes lead to homosexuality?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ConfusedGuy4321, Dec 26, 2014.

1. ConfusedGuy4321

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I don't want to sound dense, but this is a serious question.

Ever since I was young (11) when I first discovered my ability to get an erection and such, I found weird ways to 'get off'. One of these ways was by humping things (laugh all you want) and I guess the texture of things made me feel more aroused. One day I was trying new things and I ended up humping my mattress but I laid a pair of boxers there to represent the woman. It would get me so hard and excited that I ended up having to throw away the underwear because of how much I 'ruined them'.

Since then, I've had a really bad fetish for underwear...and brands especially. Armani and CK are the biggest factors to it, as well as Diesel. If I see a guy wearing them, I can't help just look. I don't ever imagine ever doing anything with the male, it's just the brand that fascinated me. I wondered how the hold felt and what the texture would be like...and I ended up buying myself a paid to try and stop myself from caring so much. I have no idea why I do this, and I used to find that I would masturbate the guys (no sexual thoughts) purely because of the underwear brand he was wearing.

Because I did this for so long, it left me confused about my sexuality (even though I am so sure I am straight - I have no intentions of being with a man, I don't want sex with a man)...I do have a girlfriend though, and I wonder how things will pan out in the bedroom if this is how I'm so used to getting erect. I can't help but question who I really am, even though I want nothing to do with a man...

I'm probably the only one who does this, but does anybody have any thoughts or advice on this?

Thanks

2. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No. This can not lead to being gay. You are either gay, bi, trans, straight, etc. Nothing can "make" you one way or another. Everyone has certain turn ons or fetishes. Just make sure they don't become unhealthy. It sounds as if you are obessing quite a bit about your fetish. This may hinder your love life with your girlfriend. You may want to try to work on this. Good luck. :slight_smile:

3. QuiteAlright

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, let's think about this logically.

Do you get aroused at the sight of an attractive woman? Do you get aroused at the sight of an attractive man? Do you get aroused at the thought of certain kinds of underwear?

Do you want to have sex with a woman? Do you want to have sex with a man? Do you want to involve certain kinds of underwear in your sex acts?

Getting aroused by how someone looks or at the thought of having sex with them, or wanting to have sex with them, is what defines the normal trinary sexuality; heterosexual, homosexual, and bisexual. If you get aroused at the thought of having sex with other men, you are homosexual. But a fetish in itself has no bearing on your trinary sexuality. It's almost always an optional addition and entirely separate.

4. ConfusedGuy4321

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    This is the thing. I'm pretty body conscious and not happy with the way I look. I can masturbate over women, it just takes time, and I feel as though she has to 'be there', naked, for me to get fully hard. I have masturbated over men, but it's still only through this scenario of boxers and stuff, and I still do it to this day. I admire the abs, their physical appearance, but I don't want to have sex with them and I don't want to start a relationship with one - I am happy being in a straight relationship and with the girl of which I am with. It's like I see competition, and I'm looking up to this figure of whom I wish I looked like...there's no actual desire to settle down with a man or have sex with one... There's been a few times now whereby I have been more than ready to have sex with my girlfriend, and even just having her next to me in bed got me hard enough, I just felt intrusive should I have suggested it (I've been brought up to respect women). I just worry that because I'm so used to getting hard over such things - and with this being my first relationship - things may not go so well in the bedroom?

Hope this helps

5. Erick

You cannot turn from straight to gay, or from straight to bi. You just discover your sexual orientation when you grow up. You're born with your sexual orientation.

However you can choose to either accept yourself or not to accept yourself. You do sound curious, but I doubt you're bi or gay, but no you shouldn't worry about getting hard over so many things. Some men pop a willy for no reason, so I wouldn't worry about it :slight_smile:

Good luck! :grin:

6. QuiteAlright

Out Status:
    A few people
    How old are you, out of curiosity? Puberty years, teenager, young adult, college age, adult...?

7. ConfusedGuy4321

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You're right, I do obsess over it. Once I do it, I feel so damn guilty and after that I can't stop thinking about why I did it (in a bad way). I don't go around during in the day thinking I'm keeping some big secret, and I've tried this thing in the mirror (I've heard that if you say "I'm gay" in the mirror, you can see if there is any relief) and I felt nothing, and even after I said it I was stressing out saying "But I'm not though, why have I got it into my head".

I stopped masturbating for about a week and let's just say it was 'some' experience when I eventually did it, and it was over my girlfriend..felt hella good and had zero feeling of guilt.

---------- Post added 26th Dec 2014 at 08:18 PM ----------

I am seventeen.

8. Jellal

It definitely sounds to me like you know what you want, since you said you didn't want sex with a man. So no, this fetish isn't making you gay.

I would like to point out nonetheless that a fetish can be a good way of finding out more about yourself. You were honest with yourself in admitting it was just the underwear that turned you on, and not the thought of sex with guys, so I'm sure for you this is as far as your fetish goes. For me, when I started getting strong sexual feelings around puberty I developed fantasies of being penetrated, and I always envisioned myself as a girl in such a scenario. I wrote those memories off for a while as a perverted fetish I had and nothing more; but coming to terms with my gender in more recent times made me look on what I thought was only a fetish in a new light.

I'm not trying to worry the OP that your fetish is anything more than a fetish (seems to me like it isn't), just making a general statement about how fetishes can sometimes have more depth to them.

9. ConfusedGuy4321

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thanks for this.

No, I don't imagine being penetrated. I can't say I haven't thought about what comes with being gay, because I think everybody can understand that, but never do I imagine stuff happening between me and men. I did find when I was watching a programme the other day that a sex scene made me extremely horny, and I was sat saying to myself "I wonder what that felt like" as it was really aggressive, and then I panicked when trying to establish which person got me horniest the most.

I think, in terms of sex, it was the pace of how it was going and the pure aggression and moans from the female, as a form of "I wish that was me being that rough with somebody"...but I couldn't help ask myself "I wonder what that feels like" - however it made me think that I was questioning on behalf of the woman, rather than the male. But thinking of it now, I think it was what the male was feeling that intrigued me most.

10. Wildside

Wildside Guest

nothing can make you gay. if you're not gay to begin with, nothing will turn you gay. just like nothing would make a gay person straight. as far as different ways to masturbate, well that's pretty normal, especially when having sex with girls is not an option. fetishes and kink are not all that strange, just so long as you're not hurting someone.

11. Sapphire

Sapphire Guest

What if they did? What would be wrong with that?

12. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Considering you said the pair of boxers originally meant to represent a woman I think it still represents a woman, even though subconsciously. Btw, maybe I missed that in your text but do you get turned by women's underwear as well? Idk but I believe things will be fine in the bedroom with your gf.

13. ConfusedGuy4321

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I don't recall ever saying that there was a problem with it?

14. ConfusedGuy4321

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I think that's what used to confuse me, the fact it was a male garment? When I was younger I would get turned on by the suspenders or the thongs etc, but because I am so used to it being over mens underwear, it's hard for me to find it horny.

However, when I was laid in bed with my girlfriend, I was playing around with her boobs and she took her top off, and the feeling of her bra made me so horny that I had to turn around so I could let it die down (she had her but pressed against my groin) so I didn't want her feeling uncomfortable. She kept breathing really heavy and as though she was horny too, and that's what got me hard also.

15. Ghosting

It was my understanding that masturbation desires and/or fetishes can be an echo of a person's sexuality... but that's nothing definitive and it also doesn't 'make' or 'turn' a person gay or bi or whatever.

If that's the case, then all the guys jacking off with or into a men's long crew sock would all be gay, too, and well... they aren't.

If you like the underwear for the textures only or simply because you like them with no strings attached, then more than likely, you just have an underwear fetish/preference and one that was cultivated when you were still fairly young (and it therefore became a habit).

If you like the underwear because they remind you of the men who wear them, then you might be in different territory.

If it's purely a texture thing only, then do women's underthings turn you on at all? With all the quality underwear being sold to women, there ought to be a few nice textures in there somewhere.

If women's underwear of nice textures don't do it for you, then maybe it's the underwear itself.

That said, from your last post, I have a feeling that maybe it's really a textures sort of thing and in which case, I wouldn't be concerned about the nature of the textures.

Also, I believe that things that turned us on as youths aren't always a reliable indicator of anything in the future save for making memory imprints which we may look back on - either consciously or subconsciously - fondly if with some amount of embarrassment, depending.

The mind has interesting ways to make connections to things and sometimes, things happen just because of hormonal surges, too; before I understood the mechanics of sex but was already discovering my sexuality, my 'fantasies' were 'incomplete' and sometimes very ordinary and not even sexual-seeming at all and yet, it would arouse me like nothing else.

Additionally, my family had a rocking horse that I accidentally discovered could give me pleasure long before I understood what sexuality was. When I got older, I knew better, but the memories of that rocking horse and my first pleasures were not forgotten and every so often, I'd remember that rocking horse and experience arousal.

Am I into bestiality? Am I over the moon for horses or rocking horses?

Nope and nope.

Do I sometimes remember and recall my first experiences, though? Do I sometimes see a carousel a bit differently because of those past experiences?

Yeap and yeap.

Just a thought, but maybe, that's what's happening to you, too.

You made a very strong pleasure connection when you were discovering yourself sexually and it happened to deal with underwear. The pleasure connection stuck and became a bit of a habit and maybe at this point, a fetish, and there's nothing wrong with it unless it's interfering with your life.

(Though remember - the more you worry, the more you obsess, and this in turn can sometimes inflate the magnitude of the issue that you're worrying over.)