1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just dont know

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by OliviaMay, Dec 29, 2014.

1. OliviaMay

I'm female and I'm extremely confused about my sexuality.

Earlier in the year, my best friend (also female) and I got very close, physically, and started kissing one another. Things lead from one thing to another and we were intimate. Since then, we've continued this 'relationship' and often spend nights sleeping in the same bed. No one around us knows about this and really, neither of us have discussed what's going on. We know we're both confused and don't know what we "want" from this, but we both know we are happy being with one another. However, I have completely fallen for my best friend and have strong feelings for her. That in itself is another issue!

Up until now I had identified myself as being straight. I've had limited sexual experience with boys but I have always thought I was attracted to them. Now, I'm doubting this as I've never felt this way about someone before.

Help??

2. OliviaMay

3. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Do you still have any feelings toward boys?

4. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, I bet that was an unexpected change for you both! :slight_smile: I think it's actually lovely that you both enjoy your time together. I think that if you are attracted to her, sexually and romantically- then you're probably not what most people would call 'straight'. But that's absolutely fine! There's nothing wrong with being with someone who makes you happy, whatever their gender!

If you still find men sexually and romantically attractive, you might consider that you could be Bisexual. I know you've said that you've "never felt like this before" when it comes to your friend- that could just be because you like her more than your relationships in the past. It doesn't necessarily mean that you weren't attracted to your previous partner(s).

My advice is always to follow your heart towards whatever and whoever makes you happy, don't worry too much about putting a label on it!

On a side note, I think this is all part and parcel of what's going on. :slight_smile: The fact your find her romantically attractive encourages me to think this is more than just a bit of 'experimentation' for you, and that you are open to a relationship with her. I know it's scary, but maybe you should open up to her about how you feel. You never know, she might feel exactly the same way. This is new to both of you, but new can sometimes be good!

Whatever happens, I hope this has helped and remember you will be okay - no matter what your sexuality! :slight_smile:

#4 Spartan 117, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  5. OliviaMay

I think so

Unexpected is one of the words I would use! :lol:

My friend has also previously identified as being straight but like me, never had any reason to think otherwise until this happened. I know we're both happy with this 'relationship' and ultimately that's all I care about.

At this point in time, my feelings towards her are stronger than the feelings she has for me, but I know she does have feelings for me but like me, just isn't sure what this really means.

I don't have these thoughts about other women, just her, though I can and do recognise attractive women (not just physically), but don't a lot of people do that with people of their own sex??

6. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is possible to feel an attraction to one particular individual that you have a close connection with, perhaps that's the case for you? :slight_smile: Your sexuality isn't a problem, whatever label you decide to put on it (or for that matter, none at all!). I do think that your relationship with your friend is probably quite confusing for you at the moment - in the long term I think it'd be good for you guys to nail down exactly what your relationship is to each other so you both know where you stand. :slight_smile: Other than that, I'm glad you've found someone who makes you happy!

#6 Spartan 117, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014