1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual At 20?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BookWriter1994, Dec 29, 2014.

1. BookWriter1994

I am slowly discovering myself at being bisexual. I can totally see myself dating both male and females. However, I discovered it later than most people. Can this happen?

2. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't come out as bi until I was 24. Don't worry about being 20 and just figuring out, everyone comes out at their own time. They can 5, 25 or 85 or older, so knowing at 20 is just fine

3. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As our Later in Life forum on here shows, there's never a 'too late' when it comes to discovering yourself. In comparison, you're quite young compared to many of our members who've made similar realisations.

It's not about the age in which you reach the point of self-discovery, but about your comfort with it. :slight_smile:

4. C P

C P

Of course, though I can't really personally give you an answer as to why; Some people just pick up on it (a lot) later than others.

My attraction to guys was only just brought to light a couple years ago(around your time). Up until then, I had somehow remained mostly oblivious to attraction in general(though I suppose I just assumed I liked girls, even if I showed no real interest).

5. ForeverYoung000

Yes, because sexuality is fluid. i've been questioning my sexuality for the longest that is until I found an answer.

6. confused155

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm a male who is 20 too and have just recently accepted myself as bisexual. I'm still only comfortable dating and sleeping with females and such but I have only recently awknowledged that I have an attraction to the same sex. I feel like we are in the same boat

7. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're not really late at all. I had feelings for a girl in high school without even recognizing it at the time. I didn't realize I'm bisexual until last year, at 20.

8. Sapphire

Sapphire Guest

I came out as gay when I was 19. I know people who came out in their 20's. Yeah I'll admit it, I chronically bitch about how I wish I discovered my sexuality earlier, but in the grand scheme of things we're still pretty early in the game. If anything we're fashionably late *hair flip* lol

9. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I definitely think for bisexuals it's common to find out later. Easy to notice the opposite sex attractions and not notice the same sex ones. I didn't really start to think of myself as permanently bisexual until 23 or so.

10. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, it is easy to ignore attractions to the same or opposite sex if you have been with only guys or only girls and know for certain that you are attracted to them. But embracing your attractions to other sexes should give you more peace at mind. I didn't embrace my bisexuality til mid 20's. It's easy to burry your feelings. 20 is not to late to realize you are bi. :slight_smile:

11. Wildside

Wildside Guest

some people don't figure it out until they hit their mid-life crisis, around 40. In fact, sometimes that IS there mid-life crisis. Just be grateful that you figure it out, whenever that happens! :thumbsup: