1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think that I might actually be bisexual!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by gaynerd64, Dec 29, 2014.

1. gaynerd64

After lots of thought it has came to my attention that I don't want to be limited to dating one gender whether they are male or female. While my attraction to guys is off the charts, I do have small emotional crushes on a select number of girls... I'm just not physically attracted. I am really quite confused.

2. Meh, tell me about it.

I'm 29 & still not sure I'm 100% gay.

I can't see myself ever settling down with a woman though, so i go with 87% gay, 13% bisexual, if anyone asks :slight_smile:

3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sexual and romantic orientation can be different, so maybe you're only attracted to men but romantically you like men and woman. That's pretty normal.

The words used to describe that would be homosexual bi/panromantic. That is super descriptive but a bit clunky to say :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

nobody's holding you in any one box. if you are attracted to guys off the charts, then date them and enjoy. and if you have some attraction to women too, then date them too. maybe more dates with guys, but there is room for all. enjoy life, and be thankful that you have room in your heart and your hormones for both men and women.

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Why not just date both and stop holding yourself in the box .:confused:

6. Rhodeodonkey1

Don't worry, I'm only 23 and going through a really confusing stage, I dont fancy men or find any man attractive as that's not how I see guys, with women in instantly hooked in and there, Im attracted to different types of penis and get aroused if I seen one, how ever I still don't find the guy attractive as its what he's oacking that's attracting me.. Weird eyy, try not to over think it because I did and it can cause you a few problems, take it 1 set barca time and see where comfort draws the line so you know..

7. Sapphire

Sapphire Guest

Why try to fit your orientation into a category? It's so unnecessary. Sexuality and emotional attraction are both "complicated" by our society's standards, but it doesn't have to be complicated by your standards. Go after whoever you want. Let people gossip, let them ask "is Gaynerd64 into guys or girls?". Let them do the "being confused" for you, because you don't have to, and you shouldn't have to. Just do what feels right, and you'll find yourself in a good place. That's all that truly matters.

8. Gen

Gen

Establishing deep meaningful connections is a basic human experience. The later in life LGBTQ that we see on forums such as this and in society who choose to conform to the lifestyle that was expected of them didn't feel apathetic their mates. They didn't simply pick a random person out of a crowd and decide that they were going to spend a large amount of their futures alongside them. They choose them because they established a special emotional connection with them. One that they thought would sustain them. One that they thought would make them die happy, but didn't.

A relationship cannot survive purely on romantic compatibility. Sexual compatibility is equally as vital. A relationship without sexual intimacy is only healthy if neither parties experience sexual desire at all (Asexual). Note that there would still be sexually compatibility as their sexual desire, or lack there of, is mutual. With that exception, there is not a single relationship that can thrive purely on emotional attraction. I am not here to be the pessimist; I am here to be realistic. It doesn't mean that there could be happy and joyful moments in such a relationship; but complete contentment would never be possible.