1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sexually attracted to everyone, romantically attracted to girls?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Seige, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Seige

Ive been wondering about my sexual/romantic orientation for a while now. Sexually im attracted to basically anyone as long as theyre hygenic, but romantically I only really feel attracted to females, I mean I know I could be romantically attracted to guys, but the number of guys I feel I could be attracted to is so small.... Im just kindof confused honestly. I cant say Im Pansexual Homoromantic, since pansexuality implies attraction regardless of gender, but That kindof what I feel like. I dunno. Im lost.

2. Jaymmm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    give yourself time, i know how it can be frustrated, im straight in terms of sexual orientation and feel a little gayer in terms of emotional orientation, almost no overlapping there, so try to think which person can give you both

3. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What do you want? Do you plan on dating anyone that isn't a girl?

4. SeerOfHeart

You can definitely say you're pansexual homoromantic!

Sexual and romantic orientation are separated for a reason: they are two separate parts of your identity! You can totally identify as pansexual but not panromantic because, while these two parts match for many people, they definitely do not for everyone. There's no reason why you can't be sexually attracted to every gender, but still only want to date one.

5. Seige

Hmm. Ok. I was under the impression that pansexual implied sexual AND romantic attraction regardless of gender. I dont plan on dating any guys soon simply because theres no guys Id want to date.

6. Seige

One of my friends told me it wasnt possible tobe pansexual homoromantic

7. soulcatcher

Wow. Your unconsciousness has no bounds (and no standards it seems). Anyway, it is possible to be a pansexual homoromantic. Don't believe everything that your friend says.

8. Seige

My unconciousness? I dont understand. Did I say something rude? My friend tends to know more about sexuality and gender than I do. She was actually the person I first came out to because she taught me that bi people exist, and helped me accept that Im female.

9. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Asexuals can be panromantic, or homoromantic or heteromantic, or any other kind of romanitic. The same can be said for any sexuality. By saying pan'sexual', it refers only to sexuality. It is often assumed that your romantic orientation is the same as your sexual orientation, but that is not always the case :slight_smile:
    If you only feel romantic attraction to people of your own gender, but are sexually attracted to all genders, then I believe that homoromantic pansexual is a fitting term, if you choose to use labels.

10. soulcatcher

You did say that you were basically sexually attracted to everyone. In this case, your friend
    does not seem to be capable of differentiating between a sexual iorientation and a romantic orientation.