1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pansexual with a preference?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Oli, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Oli

Oli

I identify as pansexual, but somebody today told me that because I tend to fancy girls more, I can't be pansexual because I have a gender preference. I thought pansexual meant attraction to all genders/ attraction regardless of gender, not attraction to all genders equally. Is it correct for me to identify as pansexual? I've never heard of pansexuals not being "allowed" preferences, so to speak, but I don't want to parade around with a label that doesn't fit me.
    Thanks

2. AsheTheHuman

I'm Pansexual with a preference for femininity. Doesn't mean I'm not Pan or invalidate the fact. You can call yourself whatever you feel comfortable with.

3. fappiness

Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't let anyone tell you what you should/shouldn't identify as, if you still feel that you are attracted to all genders, even if you have a preference, you can still identify as pan. In my opinion, anyways!

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All that pansexual means is "sexually attracted to all genders". It doesn't matter if you have a preference. :slight_smile:

5. Oli

Oli

That's what I thought, but this comment really freaked me out. Thanks for the confirmation guys, I feel a lot better now