1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by clwils96, Jan 2, 2015.

1. clwils96

Lately I've been questioning my sexuality and I don't know why. I come from a town where this is severely frowned upon and I've been finding myself attracted to both sexes and that kinda... scares me? I've read about some of this online and I came across pansexuality and just something about that seemed right. I dot know how to explain it but any help would be appreciated.

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pretty scary when life takes a turn for the unexpected, right? :slight_smile: I'm sorry you come from a town that isn't very friendly to people of different sexualities. It is perfectly normal though, no matter what some narrow-minded people might tell you.

The fact you're attracted to both sexes does fit with bisexuality (attracted to men and women) or pansexuality (pansexuality includes other genders - I know right, it's confusing - it basically means you can be attracted to anyone, including people who don't identify as strictly men or women). Ultimately though, just follow your heart towards whatever and whoever makes you happy. :slight_smile: That's the best guide. Some people don't label their sexuality at all.

Even though it seems really terrifying, the fact that you're open to exploring your sexuality is a good thing! It just means that you're trying to find out more about yourself, and that's got to be a positive!

Whatever happens, you will be okay! (*hug*)

3. clwils96

Thank you! I do believe pansexuality would fit becuase I don't see why any gender would bother me. I'm hoping I'll eventually figure this whole ordeal out. I wish there was an easier way to figure these things out.

4. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try not to worry, it can take time to get to grip with these things. Just try not to put too much pressure on yourself. :slight_smile: What I will say is that if you decide Pansexual is the label that suits you, really that isn't anything to be afraid of. You're absolutely not alone in how you feel!