1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi Now? Lesbian Later?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BookWriter1994, Jan 5, 2015.

1. BookWriter1994

Ever since I thought I was a Lesbian in October 2014 I kind of knew right then at How Do I Know For Sure? To be honest I never had a relationship before with either gender. And to be honest I have come to sort of terms that I could be Bisexual because I do have attraction for both male and female it's just the attraction for females came in October when I started to question my sexuality. Is it possible that I can be Bisexual now and perhaps when I final realize at what I am truly am be Lesbian later on? I really hope that I am not offending any Bisexuals out there but that's what I had heard from YouTube coming out videos and research. Can you guys help me? To be honest I could see myself with a female more than a guy but how do I know for sure if I have never been in a relationship before?

2. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You know who you are attracted to whether or not you have ever been in a relationship. Bisexuality is a real and valid sexuality. Bisexuals do not turn straight or lesbian or gay later on if they are truely bisexual. However, some lesbians and gays may not be sure of their sexuality and initially label as bisexual and later find out that this is not the correct label for them. Labels don't matter too much though. Just be happy. And in time, you will figure out who you truely are. :slight_smile:

3. BookWriter1994

Thank you so much for your advice! I'll just go with the flow and see what happens!

4. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You are very welcome. Glad I could help. :slight_smile:

5. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi :slight_smile:
    Sexuality can be a fluid thing. It's possible that you see yourself more as bisexual at the moment, but realize later on that you're lesbian, pan or whatever. That's okay. If it feels comfortable to use the term bisexual at the moment, then use it. If it doesn't feel right, don't use it. You don't have to put a label on yourself, if you are not sure - and you can change it whenever you think it's necessary.
    Don't stress yourself out about it. Maybe it just needs some time for you to figure things out :slight_smile: So take all the time you need :icon_wink

Let me share my own experience with you:
    I never really thought that I'm straight. Since I was around 14 (I guess) I considered myself as bisexual (with preference for women) and it was okay for me. With 16 I had my first relationship - with a guy. We were together for over two years and then we broke up. After all this I figured out for myself, that I'm actually not really interested in guys and that I see myself with a women in the future. So I'm fine with labeling lesbian these days.