1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not attracted to straight girls...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Aura, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Aura

Whenever I see or hang out with a girl that I know is straight I don't feel attracted to them, however, whenever I see or talk with a girl that I know or think is attracted to girls I get attracted. Do you know why that might be?

2. Hopeful

I feel that same way too sometimes! I've always thought it's probably because I know the straight girls are off-limits and a girl who may be attracted to other girls are people I more of a chance with. I may be completely wrong, however! I'm curious to see what others think.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Once I find out a girl is straight I lose interest after a while I don't want to waste my time on someone that's not attracted to me . I really don't get why other lesbians hold "Straight girls on such a high pedestal " :confused:
    To me their at the bottom of my list .

4. Callie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    We just want what we can't have.

5. pennylane1988

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same. I get little crushes on them for time to time, but nothing important. They doesn't last for too long.

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

To me a straight girl is the biggest turn-off ever. Once I hear 'straight' I stay far far far away.

Straight girls are nothing but disaster in my opinion.....either:

a) They're never going to be interested anyway, and telling them may ruin the friendship (if you are friends)

b) They WILL be interested, but not in a good way. Usually they want to experiment or use you as a used object to impress their boyfriend, attract men or threesomes. I'm not into that and I deserve someone who treats me like a person.

c) They might be secretly gay or bi and not straight after all. However, this also isn't a good thing. Why would I want to date someone who's confused, in the closet, or might change their mind and go 'back to straight'? Sorry, but I like actual queer women with experience knowing who they are and having been in our community. I'm looking for something serious so I just don't want to take the chance or drama. Plus, people out of the straight community have rather limited heteronormative and sometimes offensive assumptions about lesbians and relationships that I personally don't want to deal with.

So that is why I never crush on straight girls and I find it normal.

7. soulcatcher

My sentiments exactly.

8. RelaxedDude97

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think it's because you know the straight girls can't have the same feelings for you as you have for them, so you just kinda block them out ^^

9. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I've found PLENTY of straight guys attractive, but obviously wouldn't go any father than just "oh~ he's sexy!"

I tend to have more interest in gay or bi guys (for obvious reasons)

10. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am the same way.

There is this saying: nothing is sexier than someone who wants you as much as you want them. That's truth.

#10 MyLittleWorld, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  11. indiqo

I feel the same. it's so strange but I tend to become attracted to people who are non-straight (or who show signs of being). not necessarily physically attracted but I am curious.

generally, straight girls tend toward the stereotypical female gender-role. not that this is something which I don't like, but when it feels so forced as it does with so many straight girls because of the pressures they feel to express themselves a certain way. I'm sorry, I'm not sure how to articulate this.

I've never had feelings for a straight girl. except I like my friend currently and I fear she may be the first -__-

12. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not sure why, but I do the same except it's with guys of course.

---------- Post added 8th Jan 2015 at 11:38 PM ----------

Exactly. I would totally go for a friend of mine, but I don't because I know he's not into guys.

13. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Unless they are experiementing or trying to impress their guy, straight women are like untouchables. You just won't be able to be with them. Of course, their is no label on anyone's forhead saying bisexual, lesbian, or straight. So who knows what sexual orientation random strangers have been that I have thought "Damn she is hot or sexy or whatever" But yeah, if I find out a woman is straight, I don't try to make anything out of it; they stay in the friends zone.

14. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm the same, I guess it's 'cos I know that it won't end well, so I emotionally distance myself from them :/