1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm just so lost and confused....

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by piggymo, Jan 7, 2015.

1. piggymo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've only ever been in one relationship and it was with a male and I was in high school. We dated for over a year but I never really felt like we connected. I never got overly excited over him kissing me or anything but I just thought maybe it was normal because I've never had anything to compare it to. Flash forward to the here and now. I decided to try my hand at online dating because I'm a very shy person and don't really know how to approach people. I have had a few men message me and some are attractive so I feel like I should be happy and excited to be getting this attention but I'm just kinda meh about it... I've also always felt weird when men have shown any kind of attraction to me (outside of my ex because it was the first time ANYONE showed interest...) And I'm just kinda at a lost.

2. sublimeprincess

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, sweet love, the big thing about online dating is that these guys saying "You're so beautiful!" or "Wow, you seem really interesting. I like what your profile says about you and would like to get to know you!" is that it's really not genuine. You might be meh about it because it just simply doesn't feel real, and nothing really feels that great when you can tell it's contrived. If a girl or guy came up to you at say a coffee shop and you guys really hit it off and the attractive person said "Wow! I really find you to be beautiful inside and out!" and then gave you a light squeeze on the arm it might actually feel really powerful because there's a connection. The whole thing is finding a true connection with someone who gives you butterflies. It's super hard to do through text, but it can be established with enough rapport. You just have to be willing to let yourself be open to the idea, and the biggest kicker is letting yourself be PATIENT. If you can do that, you'll see that good things truly do come to those who wait.

Also, confusion is part of the whole thing to understanding who you are and who you want. It's all part of the life game, and it's all super normal.