1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this guy like me? Do I like him?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by nothereanymo, Jan 10, 2015.

1. nothereanymo

Hello there! I'm pretty sure I'm posting in the right forum, but not 100%. I'm kinda new to this forum so please move it if it's in the wrong place. :icon_wink

I love writing, so I hope I don't get too long with my words, here's the deal:

I'm a guy and a few years ago I met another guy. When we met, I felt like we have known each other forever. I felt like we were meant to be best friends. Like really the 'bestest' friends ever.
    I was always nervous around him and wouldn't talk much personally, but I was always texting him or sending messages through facebook.

I assumed he was straight (he had a girlfriend, then broke up), so when I started to feel like I like him more than as friends, I tried to wipe that thought off my mind.

The thing is, recently, he got involved with a guy friend of mine (not anymore tho), so that made my doubts come back again.

I can't say that I am in love with him, I don't feel like completely dying to be with him, but I do think about him often, I like to be with him, I get nervous when I'm around him and don't know what to say. I know that I like him more than I like most people.
    We have some aspects in common, but we're also very very different: I hate going out and I don't drink, he goes out a lot and always gets really drunk. I never even kissed anyone, he makes out with girls just because. :dry:

I've spotted a few signs that he might kinda feel SOMETHING for me (not saying this is love!!):
    - he used to slap my butt quite often, in the start;
    - he used to touch one of my nipples at random times xD
    - he rested his head on my shoulder once, when he was sick
    - one time, i told him I was feeling alone and he invited me to go study with him, the next day, even though we study different things
    - one morning he texted me 'good morning', like, just because
    - yesterday he started to kinda 'tickle' my butt
    - he hugged me on my birthday and it was amazing (*hug*)
    - he used to call me 'love', 'dear', that stuff through texts

Okay, I know you're thinking some of these sound pretty obvious, but he is one of those very flirtitious and very nice guys, he is very close to a lot of people. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one, but I also don't feel like he does this to everyone.

Thing is, it was almost always me texting first, and he would generally end up the conversation pretty quickly. And when we are together, we don't really have much to talk about. We don't even get together much, although we have practice together almost everyday (we do sports). We don't meet outside of practice.
    Besides, I'm not what you'd call hot, or attractive, nor social ahah.

I'd like to tell him that I feel different about him, but I don't want that to mess up our 'friendship'.

What do you think about this?
    Do you think he likes me?
    Do you think I'm not actually crushing or them (is it just a phase)?
    I'm confused... :confused:

2. nothereanymo

Forgot to mention only that he is very close to a girl and I really don't know if they are dating or not :/

3. sublimeprincess

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honey boo, the way to really know is if you ask him. However, there are leading questions so you don't have to expose yourself if you're scared.

Example of sneaky way to find out if someone is open to homosexual acts:

"Aw dude I just rewatched Batman and I can't wait to see news one!" (his response) Then, "Yeah, and it's so crazy that whoever plays The Joker character always dies in real life. Like Heath Ledger" (His response) Then, "Haha yeah, that dude is such a good actor. He played such versatile characters. You know he played that role as a gay guy in the film Brokeback Mountain - have you seen that?, and then randomly jumped into the role as Joker?! Can you imagine? I don't know if I could adjust my personalities so quickly, but I guess that's why he was the famous actor."

4. nothereanymo

First of all, thanks!! :icon_bigg

Well, yeah, I kinda suspected that... :tears:

I know for sure that this person as engaged in a relationship with another guy so, I suppose we are both bisexuals...

I'm not trying to figure out if he likes guys, I'm literally only trying to know if he likes ME :help:

5. nothereanymo

UPDATE:
    Apparently he assumed I was into guys, so we were talking about it the other day and actually asked him if he was bi, and he said yes. But then I think I made him more confused because I believe he thought I was gay and now he's probably not so sure.

Then I made yet another mistake: I told him I liked someone and asked him if I should tell this person or not. He said I shouldn't, because I wouldn't gain nothing from it. I should just wait and see if the person likes me back or not.
    So I did, and now I'm pretty sure that he's really not into me...

Well, too bad... :/

6. sublimeprincess

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What do you mean he's probably not so sure? About what? Himself or you?

I would ask him how you can tell if someone is into you and why it would be so bad to see if they like you? Ask him what's the worst that could happen other than him just saying no? Then ask do you like me? And whatever he says you can say to be honest I do kind of like you and I'm glad you told me. If he says no maybe you can ask if it could be possible to try things out. (after all, what people say isn't the be all end all -- I've had a girl tell me she's not into girls and then asked me for sex later - like 6 months later -- so you never know)

7. crazycat

Out Status:
    A few people
    You won't know unless you ask. Honestly at this point it could go either way.

8. nothereanymo

Thanks both for your answers!!!

I meant about me also liking guys.

I think this is a very good idea. But I think doing it via text is kinda bad, it's not the type of conversation you have through a phone. But also, I don't think I have the courage to just talk to him in person (besides that, we're almost never alone, the two of us). Aaaarghh :tears:

Yes, I begin to realize it really is the only way :bang:

9. nothereanymo

Okay, I don't know if anyone still cares, but I figured I'd update this because writing calms me down and gives it the possibility of someone replying with some cool advice (as usual in this website).

Apparently, he's kinda dating a girl. It's not a very public thing but it seems rather obvious. They're always togehter. And someone told me they saw them holding hands at a mall.

I never actually got to ask him if he liked him. The truth his, I don't often see him very interested in me... :sigh:

Oh well...