1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am I?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MsEmmzy, Jan 11, 2015.

1. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok so now that I've gotten my gender identity (more or less) sorted out, I figured I'd try exploring the other side of the coin - Sexual Orientation.

Now I'll be honest here. I haven't looked much into the "lgb" part of "lgbt+." So sorry if I manage to say something offensive somehow. :eusa_doh:

Anyway, in terms of sexual attractiveness, I kind of go through "phases" of attraction. Like maybe for a couple months or so, I'm attracted to men, but then one day the tables flip and I'm attracted to women for a while.

In terms of romantic attractiveness (is that right? Basically who I'd actually be willing to get in a relationship with etc. ), it doesn't matter to me either way, regardless of whether or not I'm sexually attracted to men or women at the time.

In the "gender world", we have the term "genderfluid" to describe someone who feels one gender one day, then another a different day. (Not necessarily days, but you get the point.) Is there anything similar for sexual expression? Does the fact that I'd date/marry/etc. either gender at any time affect this at all? Just trying to figure it all out here.. Any help would be great. :slight_smile:

2. omnisexual

I don't think there's a genderfluid equivalent when it comes to sexual orientation. The closest word to that is simply bisexual/biromantic though in your case I would say you're probably pansexual/panromantic-- where you're attracted sexually and romantically to someone regardless of their gender and everything in between. Bisexuals and pans can switch to preferring one gender over the other some days, but it didn't doesn't make them any less bi/pan :slight_smile:

3. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I looked it up a bit more, and I guess pansexual/panromantic fits the bill! Thanks for your help. :slight_smile:

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes people describe their orientation as 'fluid'.

5. ThirdEyeGaze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i basically do the same thing you describe where my attraction flip flops every now and then,or at least the majority of my attraction, and im still trying to get used to it. id say try to be involved in the relationship you want at the time either way.

the more experience the better

6. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah ok fluid sounds even closer.. I honestly had no clue it was a thing lol.

So I guess I would be sexually fluid/panromatic then?