1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Blues, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Blues

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello,

I suffer from OCD about my sexual orientation. After a year of obsessing about being gay I have recently accepted that it is possible I am gay and I need to live with this uncertainty. Since then I have not fought gay thoughts and after a year they have flooded through my mind. Thoughts are not as prominent after a week and I seem to getting stronger hetro thoughts again. Anyway I have been thinking about sexuality alot lately and here are some of the theories that I have.

1. Everyone is gay. If I get hard and turned on by being intimate with a woman. It goes to stand that I would get turned on being intimate with a man. In this is the same for everyone. People have stigmas built up in their mind but if you break down these stigmas then anything is possible.

2. I suffer from OCD which is spikes when I get stressed. Maybe it would be easier and I would avoid the spikes if I just became gay. I have no experience of having sex with men and have not even been able to masturbate to men but I think I probably could do this.

3. Fearing being gay obsessively is now defined as a symptom of OCD. 30 years ago people would have had to accept these thoughts and would have lived a gay lifestyle.

4. You are born gay. It is something that it is in you. Some people never accept this.

Anyway. These are genuine thoughts that I have in my head. I hope they don't cause offence. What do people think?

2. Horse

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I agree with number four. People are born gay. 1, I disagree with. It doesn't make sense scientifically. In order to reproduce, we just have straight people in the population, therefore not everyone can be gay. What ever you decided to do, just make sure you are happy. That is the only thing that matters really.

3. scxred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What u said makes no sense.. by that logic... infertile men and women wouldnt exist. Gay people could be born as a natural population control. considering research suggests that larger families are more likely to have gay men shows how it could be natures way of controlling the population. There isnt a single social factor which is consistent enough to suggest nurture wins against nature in the homosexuality debate. Furthermore, there is more and more research suggesting homosexuality is a born predisposition. The more the population grows the more gay people there will be just because there is more people.

---------- Post added 19th Jan 2015 at 04:40 AM ----------

Sorry, i complete misread what u said.. i thought you said you disagree with people being born gay.

4. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1). If there's any reason for you to get hard from someone that you aren't attracted to, its probably because they grabbed your area and through that stimulus gave you an erection. It's your body's response.

2). You can't become gay. You may experience fluidity in your sexual orientation but that's not to say that one experience can permanently change your attraction.

3). No, it wouldn't be feel right. It's no different than a gay person having a heterosexual life. They would know deep inside that it doesn't feel right but do it anyway because of societal rejection of gay individuals. What if being gay was the norm, and straight was the fraction of the human population? Would you force yourself to love a man for the rest of your life? Would you rather live for the lies or truth?

4). You are born with a set orientation, so yes I agree with you. If anyone could choose their orientation then it's fair to say that the LGBT community wouldn't exist at all, because we're all aware of how LGBT individuals are ridiculed by society.

5. Reptillian

Both statements are correct, but the predisposition part is something to notice as it can be said that sexual orientation predisposition is somewhat comparable to how someone is predispositioned to engage into crime being born into a neighborhood full of poverty. Also, there has to be yet a study that rules out transitional sexual orientation as every studies on sexual orientation known to date shows numbers that can never rule it out. Transitional sexual orientation is the concept of sexual orientation changed on it own with no choices involved, and it can be explained by brain changes seeing as there's no evidence that sexual orientation can't be altered by changes to the brain areas that makes up one's orientation.

There's no evidence for that absolute statement. Asides, changes to the brain can alter one's orientation, but is it likely, no. As long as there's no evidence to suggest that sexual orientation can't be altered via brain changes, then you can't really rule out that possibility. Asides, those changes are not a choice. For me, my primary sexual orientation died out on it own, and it wasn't a choice. I'm asexual now.