1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi? I'm not so sure (mature themes)

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by DanJames, Jan 12, 2015.

1. DanJames

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey everyone thanks for reading this and for any help you can give to me!

Last year after identifying as straight for all of my life I developed deep feelings for my best friend and felt as if he was my soul mate. He identifies as straight but he has later admitted that he has been confused since my revelation but this isn't about him or being in love with a straight friend.

Having feelings for him opened my eyes about my sexuality, with me even coming out to my mum as bisexual, so naturally I began thinking about experimenting with a dude and I also began watching gay p*rn (does this need sensoring?)

Well all I can say is it wasn't for me, not the physicality it just didn't excite me, I found it awkward and sleeping with a dude won't be something I fantasise about again, despite now watching all genres of p*rn (depending on how I feel)

Well I guess I need some help, although I don't see defining myself as an important thing, it kind of sucks not knowing who I am! I definitely loved my friend more than I can ever imagine loving anyone else but since this I've realised that I'm probably not gay? Even if I had the opportunity to do anything more than make out with someone like David Beckham I would say no.

2. ImaJen

Hello!

It's possible that you experience only romantic feelings for guys as opposed to sexual desire for them as well. For example for myself, I'm homosexual biromantic, identifying as queer, meaning that I can find girls hot and dont mind having a relationship with either guys or girls, I'm just not physically attracted to guys. A different romantic orientation to sexual one is possible from what you've said, though it's just an idea :slight_smile: I wish you luck!