1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yeah... I'm totally confused.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Perpz, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Perpz

You see, I have been getting strong feelings for girls for about 2-3 years now. I had crushes on boys, but they only got placed on the back of my mind, if that makes sense. :dry:

The first time I ever liked a girl was a girl who was in my band, but she quit. I had a little romantic feeling towards her. Then, I started to notice girls so much. If I saw a pretty girl, my mind would flip and I would think about her all day long. Anyways, I stopped liking this girl but still had feelings for other girls, but very little ones.

I now have a major crush on a girl who just joined band. She's SUPER nice, and she always wears her hair in a side braid that is seriously cute. She sometimes engages in conversation, but I get insanely shy and try to do something else. I have her in my mind literally 24/7 and all of the music I listen to is about her. My friends hear me talking about her like daily, I even do that without knowing sometimes. I stare at her Facebook and Instagram posts (weird, I know), and look at her really quickly in the hallways and in middle of her classes, when I pass by the halls. She's a year younger than me, and we don't have any classes together. I want to get her out of my head, it's driving me nuts. :bang:

I also used to like her friend for a little bit, but my feelings moved towards her and she had been my main thoughts ever since I met her. She's really introverted and has a less group of friends than I do. I noticed she had a few guy friends too, and just like a few friends who are girls... I just realized I wrote a bunch of things about her. Okay, moving on...

Should I wait a little longer until I can "understand" my sexuality! :help:

Also, how do I figure out if she does like boys or girls, I don't entirely know her sexuality. :icon_sad:

2. wilkysarah1

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm similar, but I haven't really allowed myself to "like" or notice other girls yet because to be honest, I would really like to be straight and not have to worry about liking the same sex. But, since that's not really a reality for me anymore, I find myself letting myself imagine more and more relationships with a female in general (and guys in general to make myself feel more straight, but that's not really working). Haha sorry that was probably too much about me... anyway, what I would say is maybe ask if her friends or her if she's had a boyfriend, and then you'll probably know if she's straight or bi. Also, if she's a year younger remember she might feel intimidated by an older girl being attracted to her (even if she is lesbian or bi, it might be new to her and she might not want a relationship). But it's worth a try! Try to find out stuff little by little so if she does turn out to be straight you won't have embarrassed yourself (this is a huge fear of mine). Good luck!! Hope this helps...

3. lyjo

For the crush part, I think you should try to figure out whether or not she's straight. Who knows, maybe she's also confused? Try to get to know her better even though that's quite difficult with introverts. :slight_smile: Or just ask her out! (okay, maybe not...) See how it goes, but if you ask her friends, they'd probably tell her and then it'll just be obvious that you like her. :slight_smile:
    Now for the figuring out your sexuality part, it's a bit more complicated. I guess it really depends on the person. It sounds like you're not straight (pointing out the obvious :grin: ) now you'll just have to give yourself time, experiment, and be true to yourself about how you feel. Good luck with everything :slight_smile:

4. Scifiguy338

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds a bit like you are in love Perpz! It looks pretty much like you are romantically attracted to girls, but are you sexually attracted to them, i.e do you find them hot? With guys, just look back over your life and think of any time you had romantic or sexual feelings for guys. Also think about what you like now, because sexuality does change sometimes.

5. lilstar04

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How to find out if she is straight or more? It's simple just ask her her preference. Why have to guess and guess wrong, etc