1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gay for 1 person

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jaymmm, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Jaymmm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just think Im gay only in terms of one person. Otherwise Im completely straight and I feel this way for so many years. In normal cases people notice one person of the same sex and then in following months they start to notice other and other attractive people of the same sex and then they are bi or gay... ...Im constantly gay only for 1 person (who doesnt want me) so Im desperate because I cant get that amazing feeling from anyone else. Does someone have a similar experience?

2. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Well, sometimes we just see that one person that is not of our preferred gender..

A good friend of mine said something to me when I was questioning my sexuality.
    He said, "no one is 100% gay or straight."

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's called a one exception it happens to some people .

also know as sexual fluidly

4. gogreen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I started out that way in my 20s, only attracted to one woman and no one else. Eventually I started to be attracted to other women as well, but still, true attraction doesn't happen to me all that often with women. It may change later for you, or it may just stay that way.

But if the one you're attracted to is not possible, try to keep yourself open to other opportunities! You may find that someone you initially didn't find attractive becomes more so as you get to know them.

5. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

That is actually very untrue. There are definitely people who have no "wiggle room."

---------- Post added 13th Jan 2015 at 07:02 PM ----------

In response to the poster, if it's just one person, then I wouldn't classify you as gay or even bisexual. If down the road you notice other people of the same sex then I think you would be bisexual. It sounds to me like you're straight with a one exception, like stocking said.

6. Jaymmm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

yeah, its really weird when you just know thereĀ“s some issue but its so far from your consciousness that you actually cant recognize whats going on

7. lilstar04

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Gay for one person??? it just means you haven't found others yet.....

8. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I agree and I'm one of those people. Us kinsey 0's and 6's are rare, but we do exist completely. I could never be attracted to a man and I have had the same emotional bonds for men as I did for female crushes and my mind was still "NOPE". Even if I liked a man's personality, a relationship would never work unless he chopped his dick off and started popping estrogen pills.

However, some people do have exceptions and I wouldn't consider that to be bisexuality really. It's called being fluid for some.

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No offense but what your friend said sounds like something coming out of the
    right wing bigot play book .

I'd like to say to your friend I'm 100% gay and I exist stop erasing me .:dry:

10. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I consider myself a Kinsey 5.5, there is one man I find really attractive. I would make out with him in a heartbeat but sex? No way!

11. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I wouldn't even kiss any man I found to be good looking, to me It's gross beyond all hell LMAO

12. inkycradle

Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to feel that way. I had one guy in college that I was nearly passively obsessed with. Every other guy, I don't even care about.

That was 13 years ago. It started with one, and that branched out to many after several years. It may or may not be the same case with you. I guess, my only advice is, just go on with the feeling. Love maybe painful, but love is always worth it :wink: Cheers!

13. Jaymmm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

I start to think that there wasnt physical attratcion at all, i was just obssesed with her personality and it can happen even to straight girls