1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe I am Straight Afterall

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BookWriter1994, Jan 16, 2015.

1. BookWriter1994

Well, ever since I started 'questioning' my sexuality back in October I always try to see if I was really Leabian. I know for a real fact that it's just probably because I never had a relationship before and maybe because the reason why I am questioning it's because it's now becoming more accepting and I just wanted to see if I really was. Idk and how can I stop asking myself if I am Gay when I know that I am not. This question will play all around my head all day and I want it to stop because I know that's not what I am. How can I make this thought stop in my head?

And also another thought that will play all around my head all day is I Am Straight I am Not Gay. How do I make that stop because I know for a fact that I am Straight

2. Quiet Raven

Why would you question it if you are sure?

If you really can't get the questions out of your head, wouldn't that mean you aren't completely sure?

What makes you so certain?

3. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's normal to question it. Do some soul searching and don't beat yourself up whatever you find. Only you can discover who you really are. :slight_smile:

4. lilstar04

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yep, I agree with Quiet raven. Your subconscious is still questioning that means you have not found the absolute true answer. Only when you find it, all your questioning thoughts will go away. How does these question get answered? By finding love, yep you will have to try dating to know.

5. lilrocket

Maybe it's okay to have questions and not be entirely 100% certain for the time being... you could just keep living your life regardless, and then with time and further contemplation, hopefully things will have greater clarity. So then, if you accept that it's okay to have questions, maybe these sorts of intrusive thoughts will be less of a big deal and will stop on their own, and you can think about things more rationally rather than dealing with the anxiety of thoughts you can't control

Don't really know much about it but.. if you research "HOCD" online then that might be of interest