1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning jealousy

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jaymmm, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Jaymmm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    When you´re jealous of somebody, does it mean you have feelings for that person or that you have just possesive tendencies which are incidentally connected to that person?

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just to clarify: are you jealous of the person, or get jealous when the other person gives/receives romantic attention? Your last comment about possessiveness seems to imply the latter. :slight_smile:

Sometimes, when you're jealous of the romantic attention someone's giving or getting, it can mean you have feelings for them yourself. But not always. Perhaps you just don't want to lose a friend.

It's tricky, but it's worth taking a moment and honestly asking yourself what your feelings are. Could you imagine yourself in a relationship with this person? What would you say if they were interested in you? Sometimes this can clear things up!

3. Jaymmm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know that jealousy is a very bad thing but all who went through that know that sometime it´s impossible to avoid that feeling;
    I was talking about i envy a partner of that person; im not a friend with that person;
    no, i´d rather not imagine what i´d say if that person was interested in me as it´ll never happen so i dont wanna stir my feelings even more:slight_smile:

4. Morse Code

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Or one could be jealous of the fact that someone is getting attention the other isn't getting, which I guess would make it envy instead of jealousy technically.