1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very Confused about my Sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Red Unicorn, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Red Unicorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, I have been questioning my sexuality for some time now. I have been having sexual feelings for men for as long as I can remember, and have never been attracted to women at all. Within the past year I have accepted myself as gay, but soon after I began having sexual feelings for women but not romantic feelings. I find the idea of being with a woman strange for me. When I see a nice looking female, I usually think she is pretty but not much else. When I see a nice looking male, well that is a whole different story :icon_bigg . I have started looking at attractive females and soon after I get hard, but when I look at attractive males it usually takes considerably longer to get hard. I have a fair mix of feminine and masculine traits if that really means anything. This is just very confusing for me and very stressful that I cannot figure out who I really am. I just can't imagine being with a girl as when I think about it, the idea just seems awkward, but I would think of having sex with a female. But I do know there is much more to a relationship than sex, so I need help on figuring out who I am. When I think about being straight, I say to myself "but I'm gay I don't want to be straight", I don't know if this means something but this is all I can think about and I just don't know what to do, thank you for taking the time to read this.

2. CubbieBlue

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Have you considered that maybe you're bi? Or only like women sexually? Either is okay if it makes you happy

3. Red Unicorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am only somewhat attracted to females and that is only if they are super attractive, I usually don't have many sexual thoughts about women, only occasionally. I thought I could be bi, but I don't have any romantic attraction to women. Would this make me bi or would it make me gay with a slight attraction to women? I thought bisexuals had a romantic and sexual attraction for both genders? By saying this, I am not sure if this makes me bi or if I'm only sexually attracted to women with sexual and romantic attraction to men.

4. Jguy365

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is a whole laundry list of sexualities besides gay, bisexual, and straight. There is a marvelous YouTube video that explains them all. It's called The ABC's of LGBT, uploaded by Ashley Mardell. When I watched it, I discovered that I am a homo-flexible-demi-romantic.

5. Mrcake

I feel/felt the same way you are feeling right now. I have always thought I was straight up until I started having feelings for men. I have always thought how beautiful women are and how pretty they look. However, I haven't felt any romantic attraction towards them. I know it's hard to accept your own sexuality, and you have probably been all over the board with it. I recommend trying to spend time with another guy. Try experimenting by doing things like kissing, touching, etc and see if it turns you on. Also, if you don't feel comfortable doing that, try thinking about your long term goals. Do you see yourself with a man in the future? Do you see yourself marrying a woman, or do you just have a desire to be normal and have a wife? My personal belief is that society has brainwashed us in teaching us that homosexuality is wrong. You have to have a wife, start a family, and have a legacy; that is impossible with the same sex... But, turns out that it is all entirely possible. You just have to follow your heart and remember that people will love you no matter what the case is. Try and find other people like you and talk to LGBT folk. They can help you out and give personal advice from their own experiences. Talk to an LGBT counselor.