1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only had a crush one girl. Am I a lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by justshygirl, Jan 20, 2015.

1. justshygirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I am a girl. 21 years old. I had crushes on boys when I was a child. I had no interest in boys in middle or high school though. I fell in love with a another girl in high school. But she rejected me. We never dated each other. But I had strong romantic and sexual feelings for her. I have never had a girlfriend or boyfriend. I have never dated anyone before. I am still a virgin. I have many sexual fantasies about girls.
    Am I a lesbian? How to figure this out? :tears:

#1 justshygirl, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey justshygirl welcome to EC.

Think about yourself, your attractions, your fantasies. Do it slow, there is no need to rush. Do you feel attracted to men? What about women? Do you imagine yourself in a relationship with a man, woman, or sometimes a man and other times a woman? Do you fantasize about men too?

I can't answer to you if you are lesbian. Only you can truly look at your feelings and conclude about your orientation. To me, judging by your post, you may be bisexual or lesbian (or gay if you prefer. Don't worry about labels too much).

You mentioned being a virgin. Also remember that you don't need to have sex to know you are attracted to men/women.

Hugs

3. garabaldi22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there,
    I can relate with you in some cases and I really can't give you advice, other than assure that you aren't alone. I am too a virgin and had crushes on multiple guys and I've also dreamnt about them and fantasize about them. And I also had strong feelings about this one guy that I asked out, but it didn't work out. He too rejected me, but we're good friends. I'm still trying to put all the pieces together and trying to figure out who I really am, but the advice I keep on getting is time will always be your friend when you're dealing with something as big as this. So all we can do, i guess, is keep moving forward and I know, if you're anything like me, you won't sleep, you'll get distracted very easily, and you won't pay attention as much to the things around your normal day, but we have to not let this define us. I hope you figure it out, just letting you know that you're not alone. :slight_smile:

4. garabaldi22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just to bring up on what you said, about being a virgin. Thank you for clarifying that. That was something that I struggled with too, especially thinking if I needed to have sex to clarify these feelings for men.
    Thank You

5. Randomcloud

Perhaps! It doesn't matter if you've never dated or done anything (neither have I). It's about what you feel, not what you do

6. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Garabaldi.

It works exactly like on straight people. A guy doesn't need to have sex with a girl to know that's what he likes. A girl doesn't need to have sex with a guy to know that's what she likes.

Same with us. I'm bi, I knew before sex I liked both things.

Sure, you may experiment and be sure about it without confusion, but you don't need any sex experience to figure that out.

Glad to help.