1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am I?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Okulous, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Okulous

For a while, I have identified myself as an asexual, considering I don't feel any sort of sexual attraction to anybody. Despite this however, I still want to be in a relationship with somebody, just, not a sexual one. Would this mean that I am panromantic (Choose this because I don't care about the gender of the person I am with)?

2. wasgij

Or... you're just a bit lonely? I should probably read-up on some definitions because I might need a refresher on this "romance" people speak of. Without the sex, isn't it friendship? Heh... less is more.:slight_smile:

3. Okulous

I looked up on wikipedia, and I would say that I probably identify with being panromantic. I also wouldn't call it "friendship" as much as I would call it "companionship." I mean, I'm always learning new things about myself, so I could change.

4. wasgij

So does that mean there would be some flirting or courting in the sense of doing nice things for the other person, but never really wanting or expecting it to go too far?

All I know is that "wanting" a relationship has been extremely painful for me. It's like an evil barrier, or moving goalpost that does its best to keep me unhappy.

5. Dakeli27

You can definitely be romantically attracted to people without being sexually attracted to them, and if you don't care about their gender, then yes, you would be panromantic. It's possible as others said that you just want friendship, but it doesn't sound like it and you can probably be pretty certain about which you want.