1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do bisexual desires fluctuate with time?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by SonicBoom, Jan 21, 2015.

1. SonicBoom

Does your bisexual desire percentages for men and women fluctuate with time or do they remain constant?

I'm just curious.

2. Dakeli27

They can fluctuate, certainly. At different times I find myself more attracted to femininity or masculinity. However, in general, I'll be just as attracted to specific people that I like throughout.

3. crazycat

Out Status:
    A few people
    They definitely fluctuate. I remember when I was younger and I first realized I was attracted to more than one gender, I mostly found myself attracted to girls and feminine men. Then for a little while I was more attracted to men, and lately I've been pretty much attracted to anyone who's cute. It's kinda like how a person's tastes can change. I used to have a thing for j-rock stars and people who had a similar look or style, lately I've been really into cuties with their hair dyed wild colors. It doesn't make you any less bi/pan.

4. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it depends on each person. But I think that bisexual attraction can fluctuate. Different times in my life, I have been more attracted to women and other times more to men. Just go with it. :slight_smile:

5. Jellal

I'm a fan of my fluctuations. It makes sexy things even more interesting and intriguing to me. Like, most of the time I find myself attracted to femininity and girls. But I have those precious moments when there'll be a guy that gives me the ol' *ba-bump ba-bump* feeling in my chest. If I had to track how often that happens, it's only something that happens every couple weeks, sometimes I don't feel it for months! But it's there, and I've learned to welcome that feeling.

6. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

Absolutely. I'm kinda settled for now, but in the past it was quite chaotic.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

For me, it's like a pool of water. Calm, still. But then somebody comes along, and like dropping a rock into that pool, it causes ripples for a while. For that while, I may lean one way more, but eventually, as all water does, it becomes still.

I think that's what I like most about my sexuality. When somebody comes along that makes an impact, it makes for one hell of an experience. It keeps life interesting.

8. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah, it can i used to be more attracted to females, now mostly males, but it seems to be swinging again (at least a little bit) just enjoy the ride.:eusa_danc

9. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's been my experience that yes, my desires do fluctuate.

10. guitar

Sexuality is not a binary thing. It's completely different from one person to the next and it's completely normal for people's sexuality to shift over time. My own sexuality has changed over my teenage years and into my 20s, and I can imagine it's the same for many others in here.

---------- Post added 22nd Jan 2015 at 11:51 AM ----------

Off topic: HunGuy, so cool to see a power metal lyric in a signature on this site :slight_smile:

11. DeviantAttitude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, a month ago I would have been a 2 on the Kinsey scale. Now I'm feeling a 4, 4.5. It's not a 3 all the time. Its not as simple as that. :slight_smile:

12. Whisper

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm always more attracted to females. Just the way I am. There is a small amount of fluctuation, where I notice guys more than usual. Still never as much as girls, though.

13. Rosie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. It's not a complete "today I like men, tomorrow I like women" fluctuation, but there has been some difference over the years.

14. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's so weird that I don't even know what to say. I've been thinking for hours now literally. To me it's impossible to use a label because my case is so specific and a label only gives a vague description. I find women visually pleasing but that's it and this never changes, but also I never watch people and especially not their asses. I simply don't work that way. No attraction without some kind of feeling and history connecting me to the person, but I'd much prefer a guy anyway.
    So no, there is no fluctuation here but I'm probably not the person you want to base your assumptions on.

15. SonicBoom

Thank you everyone for your responses.

Your responses have helped me better understand. (!)

(&&&)

16. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In my case, powerfully so. For a while last year, I almost exclusively desired guys, so much so that I even thought I might be gay. Right now, I'm mostly interested in women, although so long as I'm otherwise unattacted, I will definitely still take an opportunity to satisfy my deep curiosity and desire to be with a guy sexually, if I meet someone with whom I feel the right connection. And sometimes the desire for guys or girls seems fairly equal. It fluctuates quite a bit in my case. It's actually hard for me right now, back in 'lusting after women' mode, to have to admit that I still like guys, as well. But I'm working on it. :slight_smile:

17. ANewDawn

It has for me. When I was younger I had crushes on guys and girls, now it's almost exclusively girls. Hoping it doesn't go back tho, that would be awkward because I've come out as a lesbian.

18. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. I've always liked women more romantically than men and men/women sexually equally. However, lately my romantic attraction towards women is more important than anything at the moment. And if I had to decide, I'd rather marry a woman. But if I were to answer this question tomorrow or 2-3 days from now, my answers would change...maybe.

#18 pinklov3ly, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  19. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh gosh yes...