1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Accept My Bisexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BookWriter1994, Jan 25, 2015.

1. BookWriter1994

I am having trouble accepting my bisexuality. I know for a fact that it's not wrong because I know at several people who are bisexual as well. I just don't know how to accept myself being bisexual. I mean, in all honesty how come I discovered later? I know someone people discovered their orientation when they were a lot younger than me (21) why did I dis this late? How can i accept myself as bisexual?

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was in denial and confused a long time; and even after I started dating women; I stll would call myself straight but curious or bicurious. Which wasn't accurate; I remember having attractions to women as early as a preteen. But it can be confusing when you realize you are attracted to both men and women, and you may not connect the dots and realize you are bisexual until later. I, myself, was about 26 before I accepted myself as bisexual. I talked to supportive friends, one very supportive in particular, and just made up my mind to love who I am no matter what. There is nothing wrong with being bisexual. Though after I came out to other friends; straight and gay alike; I was surprised at the negative comments I received. :frowning2: But the more I learned about my sexuality; the more I educated my friends; and the more accepting they became :slight_smile: Educate yourself about bisexuality; make bi friends if you can; love yourself for your uniqueness; be positive about it and crush down any negative comments you might get; and in time you should hopefully accept yourself as bisexual. :slight_smile: