1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally I understand myself!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Seagypsy, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Seagypsy

Finally in my 30s, I think I understand why I've always been scared of sex..!!

I always knew my taste in men was a bit different from most girls, even when I was in total denial about being bisexual... other girls in my teens or early 20s seemed to like different guys from me, and lots more of them!!!

When I realised that my strongest attraction was towards men who were gay or bisexual, I was even more scared - because I couldn't fully accept that part of myself. If I liked men who were less macho, perhaps a bit more feminine, then did that mean I was really longing for a woman...??!

So I still didn't want to pursue the feelings I had for a lovely bi guy I met at uni, despite us having a strong close friendship.

Finally, after many twists and turns along the road, aged 30 I acknowledged my bi side!!! And finally, after meeting a number of bisexual girls with whom I have shared a mutual attraction, I am now crushing on a wonderful bi guy who also really likes me - and I finally feel ready for him!!!!! Ready to embrace my full attraction, the masculine AND the feminine, the het and the gay side! :eusa_danc

I think I had to accept my whole sexuality before I could embrace just part of it, and now I have :slight_smile:

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Congratulations :slight_smile:

3. Blues

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Well done

4. SoulSearcher

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I am so proud of you, many people wish they could be in your state of security and you give hope to let people not be afraid.

5. Seagypsy

Thanks, everyone, well it has taken me long enough!! I suppose being on my own all these years without a partner has given me enough time to process it :slight_smile:

6. jami13llp1993

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Congratulations girl!!! I'm not sure I've reached that comfort level with my sexuality yet but I'm glad you have!!! Go forth and be happy!!! :slight_smile:

7. Seagypsy

I wouldn't say it was a total comfort level - I mean, I am still shy of the idea of having sex or kissing a girl, even when I really like her. I have kissed 2 girls but that's all..

But at least the idea of being with a guy feels more comfortable, as I can now appreciate why I like guys who are also bisexual. The guys I made out with when I was younger were usually not that attractive to me, so of course I felt nervous and uncomfortable, as I didn't really fancy them! :slight_smile:

I am sure you will get there too xx

8. Violet Sapph

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations. :slight_smile: It's so important to love yourself first before you ever decide to love someone else. I'm really happy for you, and I wish you all the best of luck in finding someone special.

Many hugs.