1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Many people think homsexuality is a trend.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Chromedome, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Especially in third world countries. Alot of straight people think gay people are like some rebellious cult group that is trying to recruit people.

They compare it to something like a biker gang lol, vegetarians, people with tattoos, a religion? and that it is somehow some new "western'(people abuse the word western) fad.

They even say people are gay because they saw Americans do it.

Funny they say that when there are many other countries that implemented anti discrimination legislation and other lgbt rights long before the US and the US still has states where things are different than others. Like Canada and some parts of Europe.

I hate when third world countries somehow find a way to blame america for everything.

2. iiimee

If someone tells you they're gay, the chances of it being a joke are slim. Of course, I know people who treat is as a joke and claim they're bisexual just to get me to rant about how happy I am they told me, before they basically slap me across the face and say they were lying. I also know some people originally think they're LGBT, but then later come to realize they were just worrying too much... Still, for most people I've met, it is NOT a faze. People are calling it a faze because it is surprising there is not a lack of support for it, like there was in the past. From what you said, it sounds like they're comparing it to how "Geek" was once an insult but now a trend. Obviously whoever you're talking to is ignorant and needs to shut their mouth.

3. gogreen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ive heard this kind of thing before about certain liberal cities in the US, that it had become trendy to be out in public holding hands with your gay lover. I doubt any of them went out and did that just to be fashionable! Just taking advantage of some local acceptance, I believe.