1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like girls but curious about boys?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by 0910paix, Jan 27, 2015.

1. 0910paix

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm 99.99% sure I'm lesbian. I know I like girls but sometimes I get curious what it may be like being with a guy but I'm just not attracted to them sexually. Also today I came out to my friend and he was really cool about it and right now he is the only one I feel comfortable talking to about this (even though sometimes I feel weird I'm just not used to saying it out loud and all) but he said that I had to kiss a girl to really know? I really don't think that way but I just didn't want to argue with him... This is kind of two questions at the same time I don't know it isn't really a question I just want an opinion from an outside perspective I guess.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look here:
    Am I Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, or Transgender?

And there is sexual and romantic attraction.

You seem to be only romantically attracted to males, but sexually and romantically to females.

You don't necessarily have experience.
    Straight people know they are straight without experience, too.

3. Void

Hi there ☺
    I was born female, and grew with no attraction whatsoever on boys. I realised I was gay latter, and I knew it before I had kissed a girl.
    As it was said before by jay777, straight people don't need to have romantic interactions to know they're straight, and neither do gay, bi or pan (etc) people. It might help to accept and be certain, or it might even make you enter negation as the reality kicks in or be more insecure (even if people forget to tell this...)

As to the curiosities, you're not alone. I had them for sometime. In my case I found out I had them because I always heard what the other girls said about guys, because I felt left out, odd, and really curious as to what they felt and why I didn't...
    But then I though: straight as an arrow girls get curious about (and sometimes even date) other girls. Does "I kissed a girl and I liked it" ring a bell?
    So if a straight girl can have that curiosity without being romantically or sexually attracted to girls, why don't we turn the logic around?
    I did, and found out (after hinting on a guy) that: hey, curiosity is human, and I still don't feel attraction towards guys at all!! (Just aesthetically, I'm gay, not blind )

Now, this is just my experience. I shared it so at you know you're not the only one out there. If it has a different outcome for you, it's no big deal you don't need to make a move on someone to be sure of course!

4. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ask him how he knew he was attracted to girls before he kissed one.

5. 0910paix

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes! Totally, I just feel like experimenting with boys nothing serious. I also feel that way when my friends talk about guys I'm just curious about what they feel but yeah,thanks Void!

6. soag

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm gay but I'm curious about guys too. I've been attracted to guys before but it's based on belly-button and up. I have a guy friend who is cute, funny and muscular. He's a catch for sure, but when I think about what he's got in his pants, it all goes away. I literally shudder.

7. tulipinacup

I'm gay who is also curious about the opposite sex. I do find most women more attractive than men and have always wanted to touch a girl's boobs but the sex part is still throwing me off a bit. (sorry kinda tmi but i have no filter so bear with me)

8. Void

Happy to know I was of any help at all 0910paix !
    Be yourself and don't let others define you :slight_smile: !!
    "Don't worry, be happy!" hehe

9. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As you can see, I'm gay but just a little curious. I also wonder what it's like to be with a girl (not that I've ever been with a boy though) sometimes. Vaginas are kinda icky to me but I guess maybe I could try it once. I'm probably similar to Tulipinacup in that I find women more attractive generally speaking.