1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Bisexuality in men really possible? I don't like it :/

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by rich96, Jan 28, 2015.

1. rich96

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've had a LONG bout with my sexuality over tha past year, a bout so annoying I actually felt I was gay and decided to come out to a few people. Soon, I realized I still have a thing for women, but definately more romantically than sexually. I used to dislike my sexual attraction to men but now I'm fairly cool with it for the most part, but I still do not understand it. Basically the male form turns me on, from an observation basis, more than the female form, but I can hardly see myself growing old with another man, or holding hands, and etc. unlike what I can see with a woman, but I connect better sexually with another male just from imagination alone. This is what confuses me because I just don't like the two distinct differences of romantic feelings with one gender and strong sexual desires with another gender, makes things complicated. I'm 18 btw.

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're not alone in feeling like your sexual and romantic attractions are seperate. :slight_smile: A lot of people feel the same way, some might describe themselves as a "hetroromantic homosexual" for instance- romantically attracted to women, but sexually attracted to men.

However, before you jump to any conclusions, I will say that you are still young at 18 and you have plenty of time to understand your sexuality. Be patient with yourself - sometimes these things can take a while to fully get to grips with. :slight_smile:

3. nothereanymo

I have a friend who told me the exact same thing: he is more attracted to a male body, but doesn't really believe that he will ever have a serious relationship with a man, only with women.

One thing I've learned in my quest to understand myself is that labels don't mean much. You are who you are, you love who you love.
    I know it may be tempting to find a label that makes it easier to understand yourself, but I wouldn't loose much time on it...

4. DoriaN

Being bi is weird like that, we bargain and wager and really just want things to be clear, but even for myself I'm beginning to accept it's not that simple.

For myself I like the female form more, dislike female genitals, prefer male genitals, but find men less physically attractive. I find I can romantically do better with a male as well.
    I have trouble seeing even myself grow old, so for now I'd say you're bi and just let what happens happen, don't over think it.

If people ask what you are or you want to know what to tell people, you can just say for now you're attracted to both and haven't settle on one or the other.

5. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is it possible?? Do you really ask that sincerely?

It sounds like you have issues with the fact that you yourself may be bisexual...but does your denial really demand that you question whether a *ton* of people's sexualities actually exist?

It's no less possible than bisexuality in women. You're welcome not to like it.

6. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Of course it's possible. How ridiculous to say it isn't, also sexist because you imply it is possible in women, but not men.

You don't sound bi though. I'm homoflexible (though I hate labels), but for the most part, I am interested only in men. However I am only attracted to "feminine" beauty. I can also acknowledge that a woman is attractive. But that doesn't make me completely bisexual.

Really, people always try to put things in little categories. Sexuality, gender identity, everything must have a name. Why? Why can't you just be you, and like who you like? Why does it really matter?

7. BiPenguin

Try not to worry about it too much. I do understand what you mean though as I am attracted to both and it can be challenging as you go through realisation and come to terms of who you are.

I find I emotionally connect with women far easier with women than men.

8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We have a lot of multisexual men here on the forum. It's extremely obviously possible.

Adrienne

9. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Straight guys have a thing called bromance, and women call eachothers girlfriends, you can be a biromantic straight heterosexual and a biromantic homosexual. Romantic attraction is more about culture and how you were brought up to interect with the others genders, you can train it.

10. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How old are you? Because that is how I used to feel. However I have changed some so that I can now see men and women with near equal attraction on both counts. That's not to say you will go the same way, but if you are fairly young, it is a possibility.

11. Confuseddude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey Rich,

I feel almost the exact same way as you. I'm 23 but it's worth noting that I only ever really questioned my sexuality about 6 months ago.

As for the people getting all defensive about bisexuality - Relax. The OP is 18, he's learning about his sexuality and sexuality in general. But Rich, as you can tell, bisexuality in men and women in certainly very much possible.

12. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's totally possible, whether you like it or not. However, there is a lot of stigma to it. (People saying bisexual guy are just gay :/ ) But yeah, absolutely 100% real.

Personally, I think you might be a heteromantic homsexual, from what you've said, but that's for you to decide.

13. JC67

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Living proof right here. We exist. I love every part of a woman but I also love every part of a man. I am a top and a bottom with both genders too. AND I LOVE IT! From what I read though I am somewhat of an oddity. I am very confident in my sexuality because I have been this way my whole life. I have always just been a very sexual person. Of course this is like 30 years in the making. I had sex with other boys in childhood, my period of exploration and experimentation was with all other boys. When I discovered girls I fell in love with them too. OOOhh new parts to explore! If my wife passes away before I do ( God forbid) I would probably end up with another guy. Please don't take that the wrong way I love my wife very much and I hope we both go into the next world peacefully together like the notebook. Yeah I referenced the notebook. We bisexuals get hated on by both ends of the spectrum for some reason. I just see it as I have way more fish in the sea to pick from. Good luck.

14. Linux Lenny

I think 99% of the world population are ignorant, especially when it comes to something very sensitive like human sexuality. They give opinions based on their observations and emotions, which are very subjective. Therefore, when you want to know whether bisexuality exists or not, you should ask professionals. Bisexuality in men and women is a scientific fact, proved by a lot of research conducted by professionals in this domain.

Usually, gay and straight people can't understand what bisexuality really means, therefore they deny it. Yes, I agree that bisexuality is somehow "confusing" at the beginning of someone's exploration of their sexuality, but with time everything will settle and the confusion will pass.

I don't know if there is something such as heteroromantic homosexual. I don't know if the separation between romantic and sexual attraction is possible. But I know that bisexuality is real. It simply means you are attracted to men and women both romantically and sexually.

15. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

I had a phase like that, just as you described. I couldn't imagine being romantic with a guy. But then something changed, and I'm at a point where I'm attracted to both genders sexually, but more to males romantically. It took me YEARS (from about 20 yo to 23 yo) to finally get where I stand now in this matter, and I had many shifts in my sexual desires along the Kinsey-scale. Honestly, I don't know what changed my preferences. I think you should just give it time.

16. crazycat

Out Status:
    A few people
    It's not unusual to have romantic and sexual orientations that don't quite match up, however I do feel the need to point out that maybe the reason you don't feel you can have a close romantic relationship with a man might be internalized homophobia? I used to kinda feel the same towards women, but then I kinda realized that and yeah.

17. Scifiguy338

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with crazycat- in that it could even be internalized homophobia. I used to feel the exact same way for a period of time, but since I have accepted myself I am capable of romantic feelings for any gender.
    By the looks of it, the poster is heteroromantic homosexual. It's up to individuals what we call ourselves if we want to label. I know some like the poster identify as bisexual for simplicity- often known as a split or ''varied type'' bisexual.

#17 Scifiguy338, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  18. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, bisexuality in men exists. My boyfriend is bisexual. It's nice that we can both talk about how sexy Vin Diesel is together and also how sexy Mila Kunas (sp?) is also. It's so fun! lol. I have been with girls also, but he has never been with men yet. But he wants to if he ever finds a guy to be with. But his lack of experience doesn't change the fact that he is sooo bi and sexually attracted to men and women alike. He's never been sexual or romantic with a man... sooo he isn't sure if he would have a romantic relationship with a man; however since we are in a primary relationship; that wouldn't happen at this time anyway. And hopefully ever, since we are talking marriage... but if he ever wants a boyfriend and we discuss that and discuss boundaries, he knows he has my blessing there. Some bisexuals are sexually attractred to one gender and romantically attracted to another. Some bisexual are sexually attracted to both and only romantically to one. Some bisexuals are equally attracted to both (or all genders but I guess pan describes that better) sexually and romantically equally. Although I think the Kinley Scale is very limiting, it does bring up a good point that bisexuality is complex and there are different degrees of bisexuality. I agree with those who have said you are young and have time to figure this out. Don't stress it! Just do you and do what makes you happy! :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 30th Jan 2015 at 11:41 AM ----------

Kinsey Scale I meant... typo. :wink: anyways.

#18 bicomplicated, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  19. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You know I have to agree with the original post...I'm not sure myself as I have similar feelings. It bothers me too, just being so unsure about the whole thing.

20. rich96

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you to all that have replied so far. The reason I asked if it was truly possible because of the so little claims of bisexual men, rarely do I ever here a guy say he's bisexual or here of one, whenever I hear "bisexual" it's usually always attached to a female, in which i've heard they happen to be more sexually fluid than men, though I don't know much about all of that.
    It puzzles me because I can't imagine dating someone, and not eventually having sex, and them staying with me after the fact. While I do find women sexually attractive, it's not near as strong as my attraction to men are. It's like how do I go about finding a potential partner in the future if she can't turn me on like a guy can? Maybe I should just try guys? *sigh* The 50/50 just doesn't make me comfortable I guess, I don't see how that can work. It's just way too tough to grasp and deal with. It's as if two people are pulling your arms in opposite directions, because both won't do, maybe for others, but not for you.