1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Needing Advice, Please.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ShyIntrovert, Jan 30, 2015.

1. ShyIntrovert

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi, I'm 27 y/o female. I've known for a long time that I was Bi (or at least I think I am, recently questioning it) and have had plenty of crushes on girls and guys, but as I stated I'm starting to question myself and although I've talked to my best friend (who is very supportive) and I've talked a little to my therapist but I definitely don't think I got it out in words with my therapist as well as I wanted, since I am a bit I don't know if its shame or just because I am a shy person. Basically I'm starting to question my sexual orientation towards men, for the longest time (since I was 5, yes 5) I always knew I wanted to grow up to be a mother and of course growing up marriage and children always meant me (female) would marry a man and have children so I'm wondering how do I find out if I'm actually attracted to guys or if I only MADE myself think I was because that was "normal". I've been in and out of relationships with men since I was in my teens, though my first time was in my early 20s and I look back and wonder if I had done that with that person to try to FEEL something for men? I've never kissed a girl or really done anything with a girl except breast grab once. All the sex I've had with guys I've basically always felt pretty much nothing and get nothing out of it but at the same time I do not masturbate (it does not give me pleasure, I've tried many times with and without uhm sex toys). My best friend recently suggested I try dating sites to meet someone because as of now all my ex's have been people I've met online who live far away, her suggesting it kind of triggered something in my mind because I've let myself be single for a little bit now and given myself time to actually thing about ME which I don't think I've ever really done. I talked to her about this subject before a couple of times and she simply suggested I put looking for both on a dating profile but I'm not really sure if that's what I want to do, I was kind of wondering if there was some sort of way to find a place to meet lesbians or bisexuals safely to find out if maybe trying to find a relationship with a man as been the wrong road all along? It's hard for me to post this to be completely honest and has taken me a lot of courage to just make an account/type this. I know this post is probably a bit of a mess and I'm sorry but I'm not very good at getting words out from my head.

2. bazinga91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I tried to make myself like guys my whole life. Since I was young all i have wanted was to get married and have children and of course society painted the picture that I had to marry a man. However as I got older I was constantly questioning myself. I dated a few guys but once I got into college I really began to question my sexuality because guys did nothing for me and a started to really think about dating women and what it would be like. I do still find men attractive. I will see a hot guy and tell my girlfriend, but I now have no interest in dating a man, and or having an intimate relationship with one. So I decided to join a dating app and put myself out there because I never dated a girl and I had a lot of anxiety making that profile. Through that I met a few people and I eventually met my girlfriend. Putting myself out there to the experience was the scariest and best decision of my life. This whole process is scary, confusing and frustrating but you should explore your feelings because in the end it could be very rewarding. Also aside from the dating app, there are LGBT bars in NYC you could go to and many support groups there as well. I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck. With the dating app though, be safe, make sure you skype with them and find them on social media before meeting them. Even with those precautions make sure someone knows where you are and who you are meeting. I didnt have any bad experiences with the app I used and I met abour five girls through it but always be safe! Good luck!

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  4. ShyIntrovert

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you, I'm just feel a bit overwhelmed I guess you could say especially when looking into dating apps/websites because of having little to no experience with women I have no idea what to put about myself, its also a little scary not the thought of dating a woman but putting myself out there in general.