1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is My Brain Still In Shock?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BookWriter1994, Feb 1, 2015.

1. BookWriter1994

Ever since I accepted to myself that I am definitely not a bisexual but a full lesbian I think my brain is still in shock because all day my thoughts will be I Am Gay, and Holy Cow I Am GAy. Why is my brain doing that? Is it because all of my 21 years of life (I am 21) I thought I was straight until last October was when I realized that I am not straight and that I could be bi? (Which I know I'm not) how can I get my brain to calm down?

2. vicky90

I really feel what you are trying to convey but I honestly don't know the correct answer for this question. From what I have read and what I have been feelings personally through out this journey is that - it gets better and you will be fine. (*hug*)

I am myself 24 and I am in the same boat. Coming out to myself is still in process and I don't know when my brain will finally stop. Like you said, it may have to do with the heteromantic upbringing or (somehow I feel) it is also influenced by the expectations of the external social environment for me and my future - which will be somewhat disturbed because of the fact that I am gay.

So, hopefully and eventually, our mind will slowly reduce putting pressure on such matters and get along with life ignoring this completely..

Just stay positive.. Don't allow your mind to over-think. Try to control.. Focus on other aspects of your life and be happy with your self.. Sooner or later, mind will get calmer day by day.. You will be alright! Don't worry! Keep going. !

#2 vicky90, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  3. BookWriter1994

4. m e l v i n

you need to tell yourself that there's nothing really wrong with your sexuality :slight_smile: and the other poster is right, take it positively :slight_smile: at least now you are sure of what you want.. and hey, i agree with him again, there are a lot more to life than just sexuality :slight_smile: spend more time with family and friends, make new ones, keep yourself occupied :slight_smile: time will help you calm down :slight_smile: stay positive (&&&)

:thewave: