1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I a lesbian or just paranoid ???? Please help. Driving me nuts!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by popcorn, Feb 1, 2015.

1. popcorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    So I've always identified as being straight. I'm female and when I'm with a guy I like I get butterflies, can't stop thinking of him, happier, lighter, fantasise, etc

However, I have (I believe) social anxiety... And it was made worse due to an illness.

Anyway, one member of my family said to me as a teen "you might be gay" and then when I said I wasn't. I was told that I was probably in denial. This horrible family member has consistently reminded me of this.

I seem to have lots of people think I am gay and they constantly question one another about me. All because of the strange eye contact I make.

My eye contact is really bad. Don't know where to settle my eyes if I'm not talking to someone and there's lots of people around. I have a tendency to check people out... Including women. There is nothing going on in my head other than- she's lucky to be with him, I like her outfit or my god HE's hot... He'd never dream of being with me. Etc

Recently, I seem to get turned on with women for no reason at all. I'm not one bit attracted to them. But. I am highly anxious and get several panic attacks when I'm talking to people. All of which has been due to my illness.

So I'm wondering if I'm gay or just panicking over being gay and then checking if I'm aroused and subsequently making myself around... Seeing as I'm analysing/ checking in with my feelings so much.

2. Linux Lenny

Hi,

Please calm down. Nothing of what you have said indicates that you are a lesbian. Being a lesbian means you are attracted to women and only women.

However, I'd like to ask what do you mean by "Recently, I seem to get turned on with women for no reason at all"?

3. popcorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Ok well I suffered from a severe odour problem. Whenever anyone would sit beside me- my anxiety would sky rocket... Due to the reactions I used to get.

Anyway- my odour has gone but in my mind - it's still there. Now when ever anyone sits beside me- I'm still doing this kinda - what are they feeling/ smelling and what am I feeling.. It eventually makes me turned on. For no reason at all. I don't want to be with a woman at all..

It's very strange. I know..

4. choirsmash

I would say you're straight or maybe bi. I would also suggest talking to a doctor about your anxiety issues because if you get those under control, you'll be able to figure it out for sure. Good luck!