1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seriously confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by crocodiletears, Feb 2, 2015.

1. crocodiletears

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't know what to do. I have never been in a relationship, gay or straight, (and have no sexual experiences, either) and feel that I'm a failure for being so (I'm 21 and in college). My parents and friends continually give subtle hints essentially stating "Do you have a girlfriend yet?", and I would like to be in a relationship, but am seriously confused and downtrodden. I feel that I lack the confidence to ask anyone (boy or girl), but that is a whole other issue.

I cannot deny to myself the fact that I find guys physically and sexually attractive. I just don't know what to think of this. I have talked with a very close friend (who happens to be bi), and that has helped, but I feel isolated at college without someone to talk to (the close friend is at home). I want to talk with friends at college about the issue, but fear that 1. they will be homophobic, not understand, or reject me, and 2. will not trust me any longer (since I have built a "typical straight" guy image at college....). I just don't know what to do.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you very much.

I might also add that I find myself being romantically (long-term) attracted to women, but who knows.....

2. SonicBoom

Welcome Crocodiletears.

(*hug*)

Just know that one day your true sexual orientation/identity will show itself.

Please know that you do not need to have all the answer today.

One day at a time. (*hug*)