1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being gay and a trans guy? Questioning sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Cal101, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Cal101

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hello all, I'm new here. This topic has two parts to it... so first part: Recently I have been questioning my sexuality. Before I knew that I was trans, I was strictly into guys but after coming out, my attention was mostly on girls. But every now and then I get these gay fantasies in my mind about having sex with guys. I question if I may just be bisexual but I never think about being in a romantic relationship with guys, its only sexual. With girls, it is romantic and sexual. Can I still consider myself bisexual if I don't have an interest in actually dating guys? Now second part: as a trans guy and thinking about gay sex, I get really dysphoric at times thinking about my lack of male genitalia. I just get scared thinking that no guy would want to hook up with me because I don't have a penis. So i ask the gay guys here if they would have sex with a trans guy who was pre op?

2. sublimeprincess

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, you can be considered bisexual even though you just have a romantic preference for women.

There has been this kind of question asked recently, and it seems like a lot of people will still have sex with a trans guy (especially if they consider themselves pansexual) - even pre-op, but solely just gay guys might have different opinions.

3. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Bisexual, but heteroromantic maybe.

And some gay guys will, some won't. I think it depends on how far the trans guy is in his transition as well.

I personally MIGHT have a hard time having sex with a trans guy who choose not to have the bottom operation (as many of us do), even though I also choose not to because of pain of the surgery. I mean, even with a cis guy I'm just going to use a strap on anyways (and preform other sexual acts that do not involve touching of my own genitals). But still.

I don't know, I guess it might depend on what sexual things we'd be doing..

But of course, I'd date/be in a relationship a fellow trans guy.

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Welcome to EC, Cal101.

As long as you want/do have sex with males and with females, you are bisexual.

There was a thread about this I think, and some gay guys were saying they were ok with dating a transman, others were not so cool about it. It really depends on who you ask.

5. Cal101

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thanks for the responses, it helps a lot. I guess I am bisexual. :slight_smile:
    Btw, is it possible for someone to link me to the thread you's were talking about?

6. sublimeprincess

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone