1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is trisexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by NingyoBroken, Feb 3, 2015.

1. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I've been hearing the word "trisexual" since many years ago, and from my understanding, it was pretty much the same as pansexual.
    So when I started hearing the word "pansexual" more, I thought it was the same meaning, just evolved terminology.

However, I just recently saw someone identify as trisexual..

What is the difference between trisexual and pansexual? Is it that trisexuals don't care about looks at all when pansexuals do? In that case, wouldn't many pansexuals be trisexual instead?

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Its essentially slang.

One meaning is an extension of "bisexual". Where bi people might be be attracted to two genders , "trisexual" implies an attraction to another group of people (i.e. trans people, non-binary people, etc.).

And another meaning is try-sexual.

The term is not common.

3. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Samantha Jones (Sex and The City) said it "I'm a try-sexual! I'll try anything at least once."
    Although it's a humorous take on the word:slight_smile:

4. cognito

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've heard the word "Trisexual" before.
    I was told that it means more like Try-Sexual. In other words experimentation.

I was told about it by a support worker who informed me that on a form another client crossed out "Bi-Sexual" and replaced the Bi with "Try".