1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

English class...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by maselalala, Feb 4, 2015.

1. maselalala

So we were talking about privilege in class, and we had to mark down our tallies for statements we agreed with. So when our teacher said "You are never asked to speak on behalf of your sexual orientation", everyone looked at me..... I mean EVERYONE.. And I was the only one to not mark down a tally on my paper. This moment really made me feel different from everyone else.

2. Rainbows~Exist

This happens sooooo much to me in school! Every time the topic of homosexuality arises in any lesson everyone turns to me to ask for my opinion. The other day during religious studies we were looking at the topic of prejudice and types of discrimination and homophobia came up. The textbook we were reading must have been made by some ignorant person as there was a picture of Elton John and David Furnish with the caption "Elton John with his 'husband'." After reading this I stood up, expressing my anger that 'husband' was in inverted commas. It offended me as it implied that gays couldn't marry and to my delight many people in the class agreed :grin:

3. Pie

Pie Guest

Once the English teacher asked two of my classmates if they were "interested in women". Both said yes (which is true btw) and that was exactly the answer the teacher awaited.
    I think it was none of his business to ask this though, but I secretly wish he would have asked me instead so that I could have proudly replied "Nope" and shut his mouth.

4. maselalala

It was funny because they waited for me to react, and they were whispering among each other as I sat there while EVERYONE ELSE marked a tally xD
    I was like YEP. I'M FABULOUS xD
    ..But I was a bit nervous :$