1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared of being wrong?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by stylesgirl, Feb 4, 2015.

1. stylesgirl

I think I like girls but I'm scared to really tell anyone because what if I'm wrong? I don't think I like guys at all but it's like well maybe I haven't met the right one?

Does anyone ever feel this way? How am I supposed to get over these thoughts?

2. TheStormInside

I have these same worries sometimes. I had them even more before I came out to a few people.

You may want to take some more time, keep it to yourself until you feel more secure in your attractions. But, if you want to tell others, you don't *have* to keep it to yourself. You could tell them exactly what you've said here, that you think you like women, but you're still figuring things out. That's what I ended up telling my friends, myself, and they've seemed fine with that information.

3. ANewDawn

I had the same fear to but decided I'd rather come out so no one would expect me to be with a guy, then if I meet someone I could just explain that I realized I was bi/pan. Wtvr you call yourself isn't set in stone. The beauty about all this is giving yourself the freedom to love whoever you want.

4. ellyy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not sure what the best thing to do is but it's important to learn to trust yourself which will probably take some time. What you feel in your heart is what's true and don't forget that. It seems like you're also not fully used to the idea that you like girls but once you fully admit it to yourself it will be easier to be confident in your sexuality and afterwards it might take some time to become accustomed to it. And the more you realize how much you like girls (if you truly do), and the feeling isn't even comparable to the way you feel about guys, the clearer things will be for you.
    So, if you can clearly differentiate your feelings towards girls and guys your confusion might go away. At least that's what helped me.

5. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

I felt like this sometimes. The whole 'haven't met the right person of the opposite gender' argument sounds like something the rest of society would say. While outside influences might affect it to a certain level, sexual and romantic attraction is rooted deep in one's self.
    If this was the case, best friends of the same gender would more likely become a couple, though it's not a common thing, right? So trust your instincts, get to know yourself. I said something about this in another thread: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/sexual-romantic-orientation/167557-cant-decide.html#post2497389

6. lyjo

You don't have to come out if you don't feel ready. However, you could just say you're bi/pan for now. I'm out to everyone and will come to my parents very soon, but I still worry that I might fall in love with a guy... I'm sure loads of us feel that way, but sexuality shouldn't be such a big deal. After all, it's said that sexuality is fluid, so I say expriment and if you want to tell people, then do. Even though it isn't anyone's business to know who you feel attraction to, it's always nice to not have to pretend to find a guy hot, when really girls look wayyy better. :slight_smile: