1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bromosexual

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by cognito, Feb 4, 2015.

1. cognito

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, I'm new here.

In my first ever topic I'd like to talk about: Bromance.

Bromance is being in love with another guy, but not gay as such.

The guys I have fancied I have always ended up in a bromance with. It is kinda confusing coz it is Love, but it's not sex, and yet it is sorta sex.

To me, just hugging the guy I'm bromancing gets me ALL going. I'm a very tactile sort of person.

I've been told that even One Direction members are Bromancing.

I don't want an all out gay relationship, but like the idea of a "Bro" who is my friend but there is just a bit more.

Have you ever had a Bromance?

Is it better or worse than a full partner?

2. wreckless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've had some with a straight friend.

It can be better than having a full partner because there are no obligations towards the other person. He's just a friend after all.

But it can sometimes be worse since you could subsequently find that you may want something "more"with that person (true love and care), and if that said person is 100% straight, it becomes an impossible love.

It just depends on where your heart and mind stand I guess.

3. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I have a friend for whom I feel affection, I like hugging him etc. But I'm repulsed by the idea of having anything sexual with him, plus he's in a relationship and this doesn't make me feel jealous. Yet, my feelings are different than "just friendly". I guess that's what you mean. It's ok, there are so many hues in feelings. As long as you feel fine, it doesn't matter.

4. m e l v i n

only you can tell :slight_smile: i know how you feel, and i also like the idea of having that bestfriend that you can cuddle with all the time, make you feel loved and love in return :icon_redf

i want clarify some things though.. you said "Bromance is being in love with another guy, but not gay as such... It is kinda confusing coz it is Love, but it's not sex, and yet it is sorta sex." i believe gay guys can go bromancing too.. it's not always SEX for gays, some gays even prefer just hugging over sex for their intimate time together.. if you look at people's profiles, you'll see some refer to themselves as "homoromantic", maybe because they want to define their sexuality more on who they wanna get intimate and affectionate with, and not really just on who they want to have sex with.. you see, bromancing is not exclusively for straight guys nor exclusively for gays (&&&)

"like the idea of a "Bro" who is my friend but there is just a bit more." so.. how much more? i just wonder.. if you have Bro whom you're hugging and bromancing with all the time, then you see him bromancing with another guy.. will you feel jealous? because if so, i think that is not "just a bit more", it might be a LOT more, maybe even love :icon_redf but please know that there's nothing wrong with that :slight_smile:

"Is it better or worse than a full partner?" well it depends.. wreckless is right, it could be better because there's no commitment and you would just be friends after all.. and it could be bad too if you feel later in your bromance relationship that you want something more, and you can't get it, it would just be heartbreaking.. you should also consider your Bro's feelings, or if you will ever find someone who just wants nothing but bromance at all.. like, how will the relationship end up?

anyway, love is love, however you express it :slight_smile: and only you can tell what exactly you want, so whatever makes you happy :wink:

:thewave:

5. cognito

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi wreckless, what you wrote makes 100% sense.