1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are bisexual people more shy in relationships?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Seagypsy, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Seagypsy

I just wondered, since I have noticed that bisexual people like myself tend to be more shy than average when someone likes us, even if we really like them, we always seem to dither too much over the idea of actually asking them out or pursuing the relationship! Even when you know the other person is bi too, I guess it's always a surprise to ourselves to realise we might want a guy and not a girl or vice versa, and we are never quite sure what happens if we change our mind, will we be rejected by the special person, etc? Therefore it makes us much more shy than usual.... Does anyone agree?

2. badluckfairy

I'm bisexual and I'm very shy when it comes to asking people out, telling someone I like them. Even when I'm in a relationship, I'm still often shy to talk or to make sexual advances on someone. But I'm not sure if that's to do with me being bisexual.

3. Lyana

I'm shy in general. But I don't "dither," and I'm not indecisive when I'm attracted to someone. I knew I was attracted to my current girlfriend from the moment I laid eyes on her. It took a little while to become anything because I'm shy, but certainly not because I'm bisexual.

4. vicky90

I honestly do not know any exact yes/no answer.

I personally feel that psychology of different individuals will be different regardless of orientation. Although, some environmental factors may have some effects on psychology of the person (attitudes, confidence, opinions etc..) - we cannot generalize any personality trait to orientation.

May be in some environment - BI people are not concerned about being rejected as long as they are at least expressing their true self!

I don't know, just some perspective from human psychology!