1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do they swing that way?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by noxlumos, Feb 4, 2015.

1. noxlumos

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey -

I'm going through a pretty serious questioning time right now and at this point I'm feeling very much sexually attracted to males and females, but only romantically/emotionally attracted to females.

For me, the romantic/emotional attraction is vital in a relationship, so right now I only feel the need to reach out to women.

However! I'm finding that it's incredibly difficult to reach out to anyone. I've never been on this side of the "equation" before, where I have to be more open to making moves and asking girls out. It's always been the guy that did that with me. I don't have a problem doing it, I just don't know how to go about it.

First of all, I'm extremely nervous because the girls I am attracted to are ones who might not swing that way, and I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable. Then there's that obvious fear of rejection that I've never had to deal with before (I finally understand how intimidating us girls can be.)
    The biggest problem is that there is no way for me to know who is open to a homosexual relationship, and there's no way for anyone to know that I'm open to a homosexual relationship. If only we all wore t-shirts that said what we wanted, haha.

For example, I'm attracted to a couple of girls that I'm acquaintances with at my college. There is little to no evidence that they are open with their sexuality. So I risk making a move and ruining a potential friendship and also seriously feeling embarrassed.

I'm ready to begin exploring this side of my sexuality, but I'm struggling to find the courage to make these moves!

Thoughts are much appreciated!

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might join a lgbt club, or go to lgbt places...

eye contact can make a difference... not looking straight away, smiling, and a certain look... like I want you...

You might ask indirectly, like bringing up lgbt subjects... talking about female celebrities... lgbt series...

Don't feel embarassed, see it like an adventure... just do something, you will be rewarded in the long run :slight_smile: .

And, well some wear rainbow accessoires...

Don't be afraid of rejection... don't take it personal, and simply try to get to know some nice people... making a few nice remarks, and taking it from there...

hugs