1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should i forget about him?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by TCal4, Feb 4, 2015.

1. TCal4

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am a bisexual guy. Most of my friends know, but i am pretty discreet for the most part. I met this guy at work and from the moment i saw him i knew that i liked him. I started talking to him, invited him to my friends birthday party the following weekend. He agreed to go, and i was very excited. I was crushing, and definitely felt a mutual connection. But he was straight. Event tho he was talking about his exgirlfriend he had just broke up with, i sensed that he was interested in me. We kept making eyes at work, enough to just ask him to hang out outside of work.
    He came to the party and we hit it off. Him and my friends (who are 90% straight) loved each other. He was everything I was looking for. We were flirting all night, he slept over (not in my bed) but on the floor next to me. But we stayed up all night talked and got to know each other. I was falling for him but he was straight. It was driving me crazy because the way he acted and the way we looked at each other said different.
    We hung out non stop after that night. he was couch crashing so stayed over a few nights on the couch but the flirting continued. We did datey stuff alone. We would sit close watching Tv practically cuddling And one night when he slept over before i fell asleep, he came into my bedroom stood by the door grining and staring at me like we did alot. we just kept saying what? what? the he said how he was startign to have feelings for me. more than a friend. and that he hadnt felt this way for a guy before so he didnt know what to do. I told him that the feeling was mutual there was something there, and that the feeling is real. I didnt want to rush him so we just went to bed.
    Later that we we went camping with my friends, it was the BEST day ever. I thought we had a good thign going. it was going good with my friends the event we went to was fun. and the camping was beautiful. we partied and hung out till late. me and him shared a tent. and when we got in to go to bed i started cuddling with him. He waiting 5 monutes and then said that we needed to talk and that he thinks he made a mistake with what he said the other night. He was straight and just confused. he said he felt vaulnerable since he had recently broke up with his girlfriend and was living in a new place. He said that if its too hard to hang out with him that he would cool off talking to me to help. he got along with my friends who liked him as friend by now and i didnt want to lose the new friendship. so i told him that i wanted to continue our friendship, and that i can accept the fact that he is straight and nothing would happen. I told him i thought he as wrong but that i would respect him. we slept the rest of the night and woke up the next day and everythign was normal. We talked about it after we got home and cleared the air and continued to be friends.
    The flirting continued tho, and him hanging out continued. every now and then it would get to a point where i would feel like he was comign around to the idea of us for him to just reinterate that hes straight. All of my friends think and thought that he was into me so its not just completly me hanging onto it, although it is me hanging on which i am aware. It was so hard pretending that when we went on dates to the beach that it was just as friends. If he really felt like it it wasnt fair for me. So i told him we shouldnt talk anymore. He thought it was right and was open to the advice i gave him about not being afraid to come out if he needs to and that it wont change him. he was very taking of my advice and we left with hugs and on a good note.
    I havnt seen him in almost 3 months, he moved back to the town he came from back east. So that makes it easier. But we still connect on social media like all of our pics. Text very speratitcally.
    I just talked to him on the phone and it has somewhat sparked my feelings. He said how he feels like he cant progess there. and that he misses the west coast and us. I feel like he might be coming around again in that things that he said on the phone and that we still have a connection. I just feel it still.
    All though i know i should get over him i cant, so i ask you all should i just forget about him?

2. nothereanymo

Well, to my eyes, he seemed to be getting into you and you like him back so, why should you forget him right away? I think you should tell him exactly how you feel and that you'd like to try being more than just friends. If he says he really doesn't want to, then yes, get over him, no doubt. That doesn't mean you can't be friends, though.
    But if he says that there's a possibility of you two being more than friends, that would be awesome!!
    I think it's what I would too, hope it helps!!
    Keep us updated :slight_smile:

By the way:
    *sporadically - I'm so sorry, but I'm a bit of a red pen police and thought you should know how it's spelled.