1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid-teen Crisis...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by TheHesitantAlien, Feb 5, 2015.

1. TheHesitantAlien

Dammit, it's happening again! XD

I'm currently having a bit of an issue that I'd quite like some support on. You see, I finally accepted my homosexuality after around three years of denial a few months ago. However, I've made a small discovery that's really panicking me. You see, all the time I was denying myself, I actually quite liked the idea of being gay (i.e. I'd partly come to terms with it already). This meant that coming out was a really useful and liberating experience for me. However, it was recently brought to my attention that some people go through a phase of homosexuality in teen-hood, while for others it is their true sexuality. Now, I have an anxiety disorder, meaning that I often worry far too much about tiny, unlikely things. I don't have any attraction to women - I can see why they're attractive, but I don't find them attractive. I am perfectly comfortable with being gay, romantically and sexually. In fact, I'm already out to my family and all my friends. I actively look forward to leading my life as a gay guy. However, I'm starting to panic about my sexuality 'possibly being a phase' - to be frank, I'm happy being gay and don't want to be straight.
    I appreciate that I've rambled quite a bit in this post, but that's exactly how I feel - confused and muddled about something I can't control or predict.

Thanks for taking the time to read this! (!)
    - Leo

2. lyjo

Haha same here. Everybody knows I'm a lesbian, but now I'm getting all stressed out about maybe one day waking up and realising I'm straight and then having to come out again. It sounds stupid, I know. I'm the same age as you and have never been in a relationship, so I guess that's why I'm thinking that it could just be a phase. Which it really isn't. This really isn't good advice, it's just me talking about my confusion. :grin:
    It's great that you're out. I'm sure a phase doesn't last three years... and you must be gay for not finiding women attractive :wink: Good luck, and remember that loads of teens are struggling with the same kind of issues. :grin:

3. Dansz

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    i wouldnt worry, i know some say its a phase but from what you've stated there is no evidence to suggest you being straight. A good question to ask yourself is have you always been a little consciously been attracted to guys? For me it has been hard as i have always pushed everything out as i didn't want to be gay from a young age and started to piece everything together at 14 (and am currently dating a guy). Sorry if im rambling but i wouldn't say your straight, especially if you have been aware of this for many years, i wouldnt really call it a phase.

Hope this helped :slight_smile:

-Dan