1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian?? Pan?? Who knows at this point

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by mariatbh, Feb 6, 2015.

1. mariatbh

Okay so I've recently established that I'm not hetero. But the problem is that I don't know if I'm lesbian or if I'm just pan with a preference to girls. Because honestly, girls/femininity appeal to me the most--then it's like, I don't know, nb people--then it's guys. I mean, I don't get grossed out by them--but I see one, and I can recognize they're cute, but I don't like them. Not like that. I wouldn't mind having a boyfriend, honestly, it'd just be 1000x better to have a girlfriend/loved one. What am I/what do I do/wth is going on omg :help: :bang:

---------- Post added 6th Feb 2015 at 08:43 PM ----------

Also I'm a demigirl, I'm not cis so even if I were to only like girls like what would I call myself rip :tears:

2. Lesbian?? Pan?? Does it really matter?

Long story short, it doesn't. You're probably a lesbian, but who cares? The mistake that everyone makes early on in exploring their sexuality is attempting to fit within all these labels. Just do what you feel and leave it at that. If you feel the need to have a label, use it for political/social activism or to define yourself to the narrow-minded world, but don't ever feel like you need a label. They're all socially constructed anyway.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could just go with not straight that leaves the door wide open fr whatever to happen. To be honest if you called yourself lesbian and then a couple of years down the line fell in love with a guy so what it would be ok.

4. MossyCave

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Anyone of any sexuality can notice cute people, even if they're not interested in their gender. It seems like you're open minded to the prospect of liking someone who isn't a girl, otherwise you wouldn't even be questioning it. So I mean technically you might be pansexual, and you're well within your right to identify as that if you want. But if you feel like you're most likely to end up with a girl, and if you feel like saying you like girls gives other people a better idea of what you're into, then you can say you're a lesbian.

It takes time, you might settle into a label in the future but not now. Pansexual people and polysexual people are all different, so it's genuinely up to the person how they want to identify.