1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has spending most of my life around guys made me bi?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jorgim, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Jorgim

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    so basically, I'm a guy. Think I'm bisexual, although I fluctuate very frequently. I've come out to a few friends about being bi, but I never told any of my crushes j liked them.

Problem is, I've had little experience with girls, we'll sort of. I've had female foreign exchange students stay with me for years, but I don't know if that counts. Recently, I've made more actual friends rather than just students who are girls, and it got me thinking.

Is it possible that I just think I'm part gay because I've basically gone to an all boys school for most of my life, and only had male friends?

2. DinelodiiGitli

I sort of doubt it but I guess it's possible. There's a theory that humans are either all born pansexual or they're all born asexual and that everything else is developed over time (I'm not saying that's correct, it's just a theory).
    I'm sort of panromantic (bio-female) and have lived with all girls most of my life so maybe that's why?

3. Warlon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You probably gay.

4. vicky90

Well, you should try to understand your true self & gradually accept whoever you are without being worried much about reasons. I can understand you might not be fully accepting it and there are questions and doubts in your mind regarding why such and what is it and all. But however hard you try - there is NO method or test which can give you exact reasons for you being bi / gay. No one is able to arrive at reasons for non-heterosexual orientations. There are infinite theories about human gender & sexuality - BUT no one is able to arrive at any basis with surety.

Larger consensus is that - this is something person is generally born with and person does not choose it voluntarily.

There are several people studying in all boys schools - so does it mean that there are more gay/bi people in such schools? I do not think that is a case. If that was - it should have been very popular in research n all!

5. ANewDawn

I've wondered the same thing. I've gone to all-girls schools since I was 10 and have never had a guy friend. I used to hope my interest in girls would go away once I met some guys. Now I don't think it will and I don't want it too, but I guess it's possible.