1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel depressed when I like women?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MossyCave, Feb 9, 2015.

1. MossyCave

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm bisexual and experience sexual moods, i.e sometimes I like men more or women more. I don't know why, but any time I like women I feel really numb and depressed. I'm not depressed about my sexual orientation, but the two seem to go hand in hand.

When I first started questioning my sexual orientation I got depressed. I was numb for a few years, I didn't feel like myself. I just felt so weird and out of it for a long time. I thought that this depression was because I thought I was gay.
    Recently I've been mostly into men, I could identify as straight but my sexuality is complicated so I identify as bisexual.
    A few days ago, for some reason, I felt depressed again. My moods can be really low sometimes, but this was numbness. I didn't feel like me at all. And weirdly I noticed that I lost interest in men as soon as this happened, and liked women a lot more. This isn't the first time it has happened.

What does this even mean? Either I associate depression with liking girls, or I associate liking girls with depression. OR liking girls is some weird "symptom" of being depressed for me?

2. lilstar04

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    don't try to label yourself. Sexual attraction of a bisexual person can change more for one sex now and more for the other at another time, should your mood change with it? No. When finding the right partner just love not based on their gender but for who they are.

3. Hello!

I don't really get depressed when I like women, but yet, I tend to be a bit more anxious when I start to get attracted to a woman - Like, I'll be having a crush on someone who's a girl and when my brain realizes that it's a girl I'm attracted to, I just automatically get kind of worried? I don't know how to describe it, but that happens a good bit for me.

I'm also a little bit more romantically attracted to men sometimes and questioning my sexuality brought a lot of pain and confusion on me.

I know you said you weren't depressed about your orientation, but perhaps you might have a little insecurity about your sexuality hiding behind the surface, I'm not sure. I believe that maybe you should also try really really hard to not think about the gender you're in love with - If you're more in love with guys at the moment, then be proud of that because you can't change it and that's who you are, and it's the same thing for if you like girls more. Just try and enjoy the amazing feel of love and I hope the numbness stops, I don't know why it's happening to you - My only theory is that there's still some hidden or internalized insecurity maybe.

I hope it all gets better, just be yourself and be proud of you! Let me know if I got anything wrong or how I can help!

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Is it possible you have some restraints with liking girls, thus numbing your feelings?

You could see it as something natural, and to be enjoyed...

gay people have always been around, in all cultures... its completely ok...

Your orientation is not a choice, so its nobodys fault..
    Empty Closets - For Parents
    ->The credible scientific literature ...

You could have a look here:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/chit-...fo-you-got-ec-helped-you-accept-yourself.html

I'd say take your time... enjoy... get to know a few women, and take it from there...

5. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you honestly feel like you have accepted your attraction towards women? For me, it took a really long time accept who I am, and even now, I feel a little depressed about it sometimes, but it's because I keep fighting my feelings.

Whenever you see a girl that you find attraction, do you stare or shy away? For me, I look, but then I feel uneasy like, I'm doing something wrong.

Besides, discussing your sexuality on EC, does anyone in real life know that you like women? If so, are they supportive?

#5 pinklov3ly, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  6. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I use to be extremely fixated on what label fit for me, but the more you try to do that the more you force yourself somewhere you don't belong.

I have sexual thoughts to older men, but it drives my anxiety insane when I imagine sexual things with them.

Fuck labels, I say. I like the "Me" label better because it represents me the best lol