1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To gay members:

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ANewDawn, Feb 9, 2015.

1. ANewDawn

Would you date a trans person with the same gender identity as you who was pre-op? I want to know honestly, but don't be offensive. Or would you date someone who was gender fluid?

2. FrenchKid98

Gender fluid sure why not (as long as they are biologically male because I wouldn't be attracted to them otherwise)

I don't know about pre-op... I mean if it's like a short relationship like we met at a party or whatever and it doesn't last, then sure. But if they then transition to female (from male), then I wouldn't be able to be attracted to them anymore. I guess romantically it could still work but it wouldn't be a long term relationship.
    I sincerely hope this didn't sound offensive...

Edit: Just re-read the question and now I'm confused. If as pre-op you meant the person was female before and is now male after transitioning, then it could work. I don't know how I'd feel about it though. I guess if I was interested in the person, it could work.
    This is a hard question, because I never really thought about it before...

#2 FrenchKid98, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  3. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes definitely if they had a good personality. I find feminine guys pretty attractive, and trans people tend to have some of the features of their biological gender of course, so that would be alright with me. It would be... difficult in the sexuality department because I'm a bottom and sorta grossed out by vaginas. But hey, there's always strap-ons.

4. PossumJack

Hey FrenchKid. A transgender person who is "pre-op" means he/she didn't undergo any sort of SRS (sex reassignment surgery). For example, a transman who is pre-op is still a man, he just didn't have chest surgery or bottom surgery yet. He might be on hormones and using a binder, so his secondary sex characteristics such as facial hair, muscles, fat distribution etc. generally "passes" as male.

5. FrenchKid98

Thank you for the explanation :slight_smile:

Then I think my first understanding was right then.
    So you can ignore my edit...

6. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would quite happily date a trans guy! I don't know how I would feel about dating a gender-fluid person, simply because I tend to be attracted to a masculine "energy", I'm not sure how I'd feel if and when they wanted to identify as more feminine/female - but writing that makes me feel daft. I'm certainly open minded towards a relationship with anyone!